Valuing All - Equality, Diversity, Inclusion
Valuing All is the name of the shared NOCN and One Awards Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Action Plan for 2015-2017.
We are committed to Valuing All people, giving equal access to opportunities, removing discrimination and breaking down barriers to involvement. The logo represents everyone, proud of our diversity, all equally included.
What is EDI?
- Equality - It’s not about treating everyone the same, it’s about ensuring equality of opportunity by considering different needs and capabilities.
- Diversity - Recognising and valuing differences regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, race, religion/belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity status and marital or other status.
- Inclusion - It’s a universal human right! To include all people irrespective of race, gender, disability or another attribute which can be perceived as different.
Valuing All - Principles
- Opportunities for everyone
- Investing in our people
- Commitment to inclusion
- Celebrating diversity
- Measure what matters
- Promote our shared commitment to EDI.
- Increase the range and volume of data collected from Centres to inform our EDI Strategy and future development.
- Produce guidance for customers to promote our EDI commitment, the importance of EDI data collection and how this is used to improve our services.
- Increase knowledge of EDI and encourage responsibility and accountability amongst our staff and trustees.
- Equip staff through training, information and champions to embed EDI into daily activities.
- Review and improve EDI data collection in relation to learners and staff enabling us to monitor effectively, identify and take action on any issues.
- Publish case studies and articles which promote EDI.
- Produce guidance for centres and learners to promote our position on EDI and increases support for these aims.
- Review and promote our standard operating procedures for data collection and monitoring.
- Provide events for staff to support their understanding of the importance of EDI data capture, enabling them to ask for information sensitively.
- Introduce an EDI Champion initiative across NOCN and One Awards to support the programme.
- Monitor customer feedback and take timely action to influence the learner experience within our recognised centres.
- Produce an annual Equality Information Report with evidence on what we’ve achieved and an analysis of our data to identify how we can improve the experience of learners and staff in the future.