The Safe Worker
What is Safe Worker?
This is an online interactive NOCN Certified, Ofqual Approved Health and Safety Qualification: NOCN Level 2 Award for the Safe Worker.
It can be completed in 10 hours and will transform the way you deliver health and safety to learners. It has been developed in collaboration between NOCN and Mylearnadfriend.
The aim is for the learner to demonstrate an awareness of significant health and safety risks in the working environment and being aware of how to identify and deal with them appropriately.
Who is it for?
The Safe Worker Qualification is suitable for people operating at any level, in any sector, who require an understanding of health and safety essentials. It is designed for learners, workers, volunteers, employees, and full and part time staff who have no supervisory or management responsibility. It is for everyone at work including those who are entering the workplace for the first time and those that have had no formal health and safety training (Whether voluntary, paid, full or part-time).
- Online Learning - provides the flexibility for learners to study 24/7 at a pace, time and location that suites their needs.
- Fully Certified – the course has been created to high standards with effective quality management systems and processes. The Awarding Organisation NOCN is monitored on a regular basis and required to have robust assessment practices in place.
- Quality Approved - all qualifications are Ofqual approved and comply with the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
- Interactive Activities - the course contains highly engaging content that your learners will enjoy. This unique method of delivery ensures learners are challenged and the completion of the interactive activities demonstrates their understanding.
- 360 Panoramas – the unique 360-degree panorama risk assessment tool enables learners to identify hazards within the workplace without being put at risk. Learners are required to identify the hazard, determine the risk and select appropriate control measures.
- Assessment on Demand - participants can review their progress using the self-assessment tool. Final online tests are available upon completion of all course material. An NOCN digital certificate is instantly downloadable on successful completion of the on-line test.
The Safe Worker course is about the health and safety rights and responsibilities of people in a workplace. It deals with the knowledge required to make sure that:
- Workers actions or omissions do not create health and safety hazards
- Workers identify significant risks in the workplace
- Take sensible action to put things right, including: seeking advice and reporting situations which pose a danger to themselves and others in the workplace.
The course includes the following content:
- Adverse Events
- Accident Reporting/Investigation
- Confined Space
- Employers & Employees Responsibilities
- First Aid
- Hazardous Substances
- Lone Working
- Manual Handling Operations
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Protecting The Environment
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Signs
- Slips, Trips And Falls
- Working At Height
- Working With Computers
- Workplace Equipment
- Workplace Transport