1st Line Helpdesk Support
We seek a 1st Line Helpdesk Support advisor who will deal with the receipt, management and resolution of IT incidents and service requests at the Service Desk, relating to the IT Desktop and eWorkspace technology environment.
As part of its continuing expansion it is seeking a 1st Line Helpdesk Support Advisor to support the business systems function across its sites. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of an excellent phone manner and customer rapport skills, excellent communication skills, a good level of IT skills and experience of using NOCN systems.
The role requires you to be a team player, who works with others to accomplish objectives and deliver a positive result while developing and maintaining open, honest and constructive relationships. You will need to readily embrace change and competing priorities, be organised and able to remain calm and decisive when the pressure is on.
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a positive attitude. You will be an integral part of a dedicated national team but must be comfortable working independently.
NOCN is a Leader in Diversity, Positive about Disability, welcoming applications from all members of the community.
• IT Incident, Service Request and General Query call logging and ticket management from initial to resolved status, maintaining full documentation.
• Diagnose and resolve common issues and pass non-1st-line issues to 2nd Line or other appropriate resolver group.
• Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
• Support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
• Identify re-occurring tickets and implement a permanent solution
• Prioritise tickets and escalate according to urgency and impact.
• Apply strong customer service and ownership skills to deal with customers in professional and efficient manner
• Keep customer informed of updates and manage expectation as appropriate
• To work closely with other support teams so that requests can be routed appropriately when the Service Desk is unable to find a resolution
• To carry out daily tasks according to the agreed procedure, and according to the shift rota
• To carry out User Acceptance Testing across the platforms as and when required.
• Quartz and Horizon trouble shooting skills
• Knowledge of the education sector
• Proven track record of excellent customer rapport skills
• Excellent IT skills (including Microsoft Office 365 package)
• Excellent phone manner
• Ability to embrace competing priorities
• Commitment to the highest standards of quality in work
• Attention to details
• Excellent planning and administration skills
• Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
• Open and approachable personality
• Flexibility in working hours when required
To apply, please send your completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, CV and covering letter, explaining why you are the best fit for the role, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the role that you are applying for in the subject header of the email.