Account Manager (Wales)
NOCN Group are seeking a professional and driven Account Manager to lead on account management and business growth in Wales.
It will be the responsibility of the Account Manager to monitor and report on all sales activity in order to grow NOCN Group and their large account profile in Wales. Whilst ensuring that all business targets and objectives are met and a high level of customer service is being provided.
- Ensure all business targets and objectives are met for account management and business development in Wales.
- Support the further development and operating plan for Wales in line with the strategic business plan.
- Manage key national providers in Wales to achieve growth in the uptake of products and services, in line with targets and to ensure excellent customer service.
- Review the current client base and market and map this into strategic market segments and identify and target key customers for each geographical area.
- Produce monthly reports based on activity, income and growth for your line manager and the SLT as required
- Deliver excellent customer services and a consistent, high level of quality assurance to support the growth of business in Wales.
- Oversee a bilingual customer support function in Wales which will offer dedicated support to providers and process new business enquiries, centre approvals, registrations and awards.
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate to the post as requested by your line manager, SLT and the Deputy Group Managing Director.
- Educated to a Degree level
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Knowledge of the challenges facing the educational sector
- Experience selling goods and services to employers (at least 3 years)
- Recent experience of Account Management
- Experience working in education or related discipline
- Knowledge of End Point Assessment
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Excellent team working skills
- Advanced analytical abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Autonomous approach with a positive attitude
- Flexibility to working hours
- Willingness to travel across Wales and, where required, UK wide and possibly internationally
Interviews for this role will be held on 17th or 20th June 2019, in our Sheffield Head Office. Please note that the successful candidate will be required to travel to Sheffield for a monthly team meeting.
To apply please send your completed Equal Opportunites Monitoring Form, CV and covering letter, explaining why you are the best fit for the role, to: email@example.com
Please specify the role that you are applying for in the subject header of the email.