We are seeking a motivated Finance Officer to join our multi-skilled Finance Team in delivering NOCN Group's Financial Services function.
Finance Officers will operate job rotation cycles. Each Finance Officer will be assigned to a transactional function within finance (sales ledger, purchase ledger, credit control) for a specific number of months before moving to the next. The aim of this rotation is to create a multi-skilled, flexible and well-trained team capable of supporting one another and the wider Group. The roles direct duties and responsibilities will vary depending on the function they are assigned to, but the below is comprehensive of all tasks within the Financial Services sub-team.
- To work in a team of Finance Officers delivering NOCN Group's Financial Services function; covering invoices, accounta payable and accounts receivable functions for the Group
- To raise and issue sales invoices, credit notes and statements to customers, promptly and accurately
- Liaise with other teams to ensure that we have customer contracts on file
- Manage the prompt allocation of receipts from customers to correct sale ledger accounts
- Manage and administer the Group's systems for raising purchase orders, logging and approving invoices and credit notes
- Ensure Group staff are trained in how to raise purchase requests and submit invoices
- Reconcile bank accounts on a daily basis
- Process and bank cheques from customers
- Administer Group credit cards and reconcile on a monthly basis
- Provide senior management with weekly reports on creditors and key KPIs
- Assist with period end tasks, including accruals, deferred income, prepayments and balance sheet reconciliations where necessary
- Educated to Level 3
- Level 2 or higher AAT (or willing to allow NOCN to fund you working towards obtaining a professional Accounting Qualification)
- 2+ years' working in accounts receivable, accounts payable, or general finance function
- Ability to develop effective professional working relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Consistent and high level accuracy in undertaking work tasks
- Ability to be proactive and solve problems
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team
- Precise and exact attention to details
- Good general IT skills
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables and charts
- Ability to operate effectively in a high-pressure environment
- Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Willingness to travel within the UK
Interview week commencing 29/07/2019.
Please find the full Job Description below.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter, explaining why you are the best fit for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org