Principal Marker (Functional Skills ICT and Digital Skills)
NOCN are seeking to recruit a Principal Examiner for Functional Skills ICT and Digital Skills.
You will need to be able to work to deadlines whilst maintaining the quality and accuracy of your work. You will also be an experienced Functional Skills practitioner with a high level of subject knowledge and a full teaching qualification. Principal Examiners are required to mark Functional Skills papers at all levels.
The role of the Principal Examiner is to:
- Ensure all assessment processes are conducted to the standard required by NOCN, including NOCN quality systems, procedures, documentation and reporting mechanisms, thus ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the awarding organisation and compliance with NOCN quality assurance requirements and regulatory standards.
- Take overall quality assurance responsibility for the production of ICT Functional Skills and Digital Skills assessments, including co-ordinating writer activity to produce draft assessment papers and associated mark scheme for submission to NOCN. Lead on the moderation of new assessment papers following release in line with the sampling strategy. Deliver and develop training to centres and markers including mentoring of new markers.
- Produce an annual Principal Examiner’s Report with statistical performance information. To undertake Principal Examiner reports for centres as and when requested.
- Represent the interests of NOCN with stakeholders, Delivery Partners, centres and potential centres in a positive and professional manner and support the NOCN mission, vision and business objectives, as established in the business plan.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate in relation to this role requested by the Skills for Life Manager.
The post is primarily home based, working from the main office and other venues when and where applicable. New Principal Examiners are fully supported as part of the Product Development Team.
Closing date 17:00 on Friday 10th August 2019
NOCN is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and seeks to recruit individuals who reflect the UK’s diverse population. NOCN are proud to be the very first awarding organisation to be given the 'Leader in Diversity' award by the National Centre for Diversity, a leader in promoting equality for all in the UK. NOCN are also recognised by Ofqual, CCEA and the Welsh Government.
More information about NOCN can be found on the website.
To apply, please send an up to date CV and a cover letter stating relevant experience and qualifications to: email@example.com