Technical Head of Construction Plant (CPCS)
CPCS, part of NOCN JobCards, are recruiting a quality-driven and motivated Technical Head of Construction Plant to provide matrix line management and support to a mobile team.
CPCS seeks a Technical Head of Construction Plant to manage, support and inspire a mobile team of staff with caseloads of customers. The ideal candidate will provide technical support in their area of expertise, whilst supporting the CPCS Product Manager on contractual, financial and marketing issues.
Who is CPCS?
CPCS stands for the Construction Plant Competence Scheme- a card scheme designed to prove the skills of plant operatives. CPCS was launched in 2003 at the request of employers, to help them comply with regulations and requirements, and aims to apply common standards for all plant operators. As of 1st March 2019 CPCS became part of the NOCN Group.
- Create an inspiring vision of what the team is there to achieve, establishing shared values and stretching goals
- Empower and motivate team members through appropriate delegation of authority
- Identify high risk centres and employers to prevent fraud and malpractice
- Monitor judgements and evaluations of team to ensure they comply with the relevant scheme requirements
- Support, guide and provide technical knowledge to facilitate the team’s development of the CPCS technical standards and other related aspects of construction plant
- Developing working relationships with customers and employers that allow a transparent approach to quality
- Line management duties in accordance with NOCN Group HR policies and procedures
- Influence the decision making of the CPCS Management Committee
- Decide on the sanctions, appeals and reasonable adjustments for a centre
- Listen to, understand and support team members as individuals and help them achieve their potential
- Degree or trade related qualifications
- Full UK Driving License
- An in depth knowledge and understanding of Plant and the CPCS Scheme
- Experience of direct CPCS Centre Management
- Occupational experience in Minerals Extraction, Military Plant, Logistic Plant or Agricultural Plant (atleast one)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage conflict in difficult situations
- Ability to manage a case load of customers and employers to provide quality assurance and verification success
- Ability to lead the development of technical standards
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative
- Willingness to travel within the UK
To apply, please send your completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, CV and covering letter, explaining why you are the best fit for the role, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the role that you are applying for in the subject header of the email.