NOCN Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering - Amendment
Ref : B20-73
Type : Amendment
Date : 1 October 2020
NOCN Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering - 601/1157/4
As a member of the Food Safety Awarding Organisation Forum, NOCN has agreed to amend our Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering qualification to increase comparability with other similar qualifications.
The amendments are:
1. Minor changes to the content of the unit. The changes are shown as Tracked Changes in the Qualification Specification on the website.
2. Changes to the multiple-choice test:
• the length of the test will be increased from 25 questions to 30 questions;
• the pass mark will be raised from 68% to 70%;
• the requirement to answer at least one question correctly in each learning outcome will be removed;
• the time allowed to complete the test will be reduced from 60 minutes to 45 minutes.
We recognise that the number of questions in the test will be increased and the time allowed to complete the test will be reduced. This decision is based on an analysis of the time taken to complete the current test by learners which shows that 45 minutes is sufficient time to answer 30 questions. We anticipate that centres will benefit from an extra 15 minutes of teaching time.
These changes will take effect from Monday, 19 October 2020.