Indonesia UK Skills Alliance
NOCN Group is the creator and driving force behind the Indonesia UK Skills Alliance, this initiative is designed to forge closer links between the Technical and Vocational Education and Training sector (TVET) of the two countries.
Our Mission and Aims
- To improve TVET standards in Indonesia for the benefit of Indonesian businesses and individuals.
- Supporting Indonesian businesses to be more productive by upskilling the native workforce, meeting future skills needs and reducing reliance on overseas workers.
- Ensuring ‘Indonesian trained’ workers are sought after in regions where skilled migrant workers are valued, and well paid.
Currently the Indonesia UK Skills Alliance is working towards:
- Collaborating with Indonesian education establishment to create a shared framework of skills standards and qualifications.
- Engagement with other allied International organisations.
- Engaging with employers to identify skills needs.
Our activity is currently focussed on skills requirements in Healthcare and Science, the Digital Economy, Manufacturing, Tourism and Hospitality and the Maritime sector.
Organisations already supporting activity under the Indonesia UK Skills Alliance name include:
- The British Chamber of Commerce in Indonesia, Jakarta.
- The UK Department of International Trade in South East Asia.
- The Center for Indonesian Policy Studies (CIPS) Jakarta.
- West Java Kadin, and Dinas Pendidikan in Bandung West Java.
- The University of Central Lancaster, UK.
- Wild Geese Group Offshore Academy, S.E. Asia.
- Australian Maritime College.
- The Global Academy International Network (GAIN) Jakarta and Bali.
- Samson Tiara Wiguna, Jakarta.
- NOCN Group, Sheffield, UK and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
For more information contact Tim Dawkins, Director of the Indonesia UK Skills Alliance firstname.lastname@example.org