NOCN's success story featured in First for Business Magazine
Posted 4 April 2018
NOCN - a Sheffield success story, leading apprenticeship qualifications and assessment organisation
Sheffield employer NOCN has been in business for 30 years; from early days in adult community education, it is now a market leader for apprenticeship qualifications and assessments delivered all over the country by FE colleges, training providers and employers.
Thousands of students, adult learners and apprentices study NOCN qualifications every year, helping them improve their skills, knowledge and employment prospects.
Types of apprenticeships
As the focus of this edition is apprenticeships, first some clarification: an apprenticeship is a job with training and there are two types of NOCN apprenticeship available:
- Apprenticeship Framework – made up of NOCN vocational and technical qualifications, these are the more established type of apprenticeship, offered by training providers.
- Apprenticeship Standard – where NOCN provides the end point assessment of apprentices at the end of their programme of learning on the job. These are a new type of apprenticeship, managed by employers.
Many employers already know the benefits of taking on an apprentice and with the introduction of new standards more and more are getting on board every day because these apprenticeships are employer-designed and employer-managed.
Three top tips for successful apprenticeships
Advice from the experts at NOCN for employers designing their own apprenticeship programme:
- Focus on quality not price – a higher price does not necessarily mean a better service Make sure your chosen assessment organisation is fully quality assured and experienced in your sector and that you share the same ethos and values.
- Start with the end in mind – Choose your end point assessment partner at the start and work with them to ensure your apprenticeship programme covers all the aspects to be tested in the end point assessment.
- Embrace diversity – your business benefits from a diverse workforce - new ideas and perspectives bring opportunities for growth. A fair and inclusive apprenticeship programme is a great way to attract new talent to invigorate your organisation.
To read the full article in First for Business, click here
To arrange a call or a meeting to discuss NOCN’s expert EPA services, telephone 0114 227 0500 and ask about apprentice end point assessment.