NOCN Functional Skills Events and Webinars Announced
Posted 31 August 2016
NOCN is pleased to announce a series of exclusive events and webinars over the coming months on NOCN Functional Skills English and maths.
These are important events, designed to provide NOCN Functional Skills Centres with essential information on recent and planned changes including: information and guidance; quality and assessment; and any updates.
The sessions are to ensure comprehensive understanding of each topic to improve practice and enhance delivery. The briefings will consider the future of Functional Skills, explore recent changes in the NOCN Functional Skills suite.
Functional Skills qualifications are an important pillar of the Government’s education and skills agenda, with English and maths high on the list to improve individual aspirations and national productivity, the briefings will aid your business in comprehending the changes within their sector.
Participants will also be shown NOCN’s new online Functional Skills assessment service. Web-based assessment is increasingly popular as we all move towards being more digitally connected and expect 24-hour services on demand, NOCN’s new online Functional Skills assessment will enable a faster response to assessments, facilitating the learner and the business in their endeavours. This will improve NOCN’s ability to support Functional Skills Centres and enable Centres to provide a more efficient service to their learners.
All these events and webinars are free for NOCN Functional Skills Centres as part of their Annual Support Package.
Functional Skills Events
- 24 October, 9.30am - 4pm, Sheffield
- 25 October, 9.30am - 4pm, Manchester
- 2 November, 9.30am - 4pm, London
- 3 November, 9.30am - 4pm, Bristol
- 4 November, 9.30am - 4pm, Birmingham
Note: 9.30am - 10am is meet and greet, with the first session starting at 10am.
As well as a full day of expert workshops, these will include complementary refreshments and lunch. Invitations will be issued by email in advance for Centres to register their attendance.
Functional Skills Webinars
- 11 November 2016, 10.301 - 1.15am
- Functional Skills Maths: "Read the Question, aimed at Level 2"
- 25 November 2016, 10.30 -11.15am
- Functional Skills English: "The Jump from Level 1 to Level 2"
- 20 January 2017, 10.30 - 11.15am
- Functional Skills Maths: "Getting ready for Level 1, aimed at Entry 3 progression"
- 27 January 2017, 10.30 - 11.15am
- Functional Skills English: "The jump from Entry 3 to Level 1
These will be delivered by subject specialists and invitations for webinars will be emailed out in advance. Session recordings will be made available after each webinar for those unable to participate.
If you have any related enquiries, do not hesitate to get in touch.
Please note that dates and times for events and webinars may vary and we will let you know as far in advance as possible if this happens.