Pathways to Adulthood Briefing Events
Posted 28 October 2016
How do we help young people with learning or physical, disabilities or difficulties to live more independently?
Pathways to Adulthood is a structured study programme of tailored support from NOCN. It provides a framework for staff to build individual programmes that will enable young people to develop the necessary skills for their adult lives. The aim of these briefing events is to introduce the programme to organisations interested in offering the programme to service users.
The events will be of interest to:
- Local Authority staff with responsibility for SEND
- Managers, teachers, trainers and support staff
- Providers of supported internships
- Managers and staff in social care
You will learn about:
- Rationale for developing the programme
- SEND reforms including Preparing for Adulthood
- The funding of study programmes
- The benefits of the study programme
- The structure of the study programme
- Implementing the programme through RARPA
- NOCN’s external verification procedures
- Ofsted’s views on study programmes
Participants will have the opportunity to view the contents of the programme Resource Pack and hear about NOCN’s support network for programme providers.
These exclusive events are free and light refreshments and lunch will be provided. If you have any dietary requirements or would like further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 227 0500.