Understand how to use CCTV equipment.
- 1.1. - Explain the actions to be carried out when suspected criminal activity is detected by a CCTV operator.
- 1.2. -
Explain how to work with the control room team to deal with multiple incidents.
- 1.3. - Identify body language and behaviours that could indicate unusual or suspicious activity.
Be able to operate the CCTV system.
- 2.1. - Carry out functional checks of the CCTV system.
- 2.2. - Carry out equipment fault reporting procedures.
- 2.3. - Use keypads and joysticks to operate cameras, monitors and associated equipment.
- 2.4. - Give clear and accurate descriptions of people, vehicles and events.
- 2.5. - Detect and track/follow a suspect on foot or in a vehicle.
- 2.6. -
Use cameras to view a suspect entering or leaving an area.
- 2.7. - Carry out a lost contact drill.
- 2.8. - Use cameras to search the outside of buildings, streets and open spaces for suspicious items.
- 2.9. - Produce images for evidential purposes.
- 2.10. -
Record images onto storage media in an evidentially sound manner.
- 2.11. - Overcome problems caused by weather, lighting and poor positioning when using CCTV equipment.
- 2.12. -
Complete documentation ensuring audit trail is sound.