||Co-ordinate with and communicate accurate work information to work colleagues.
- 1.1 - Source accurate dimensional work information to allow the work being carried out to be positioned, aligned and levelled.
- 1.2 - Provide work colleagues with accurate dimensional work information to allow conformance with contract specifications.
- 1.3 - Explain different methods of co-ordinating with work colleagues in order to enable them to position, align and level the work.
- 1.4 - Explain the different methods of communicating dimensional information with work colleagues.
||Confirm and measure dimensional controls and maintain them to the specified work requirements.
- 2.1 - Identify, establish and confirm a range of dimensional controls, setting out points, lines and profiles to meet contract specifications.
- 2.2 - Maintain accurate dimensional controls, setting out points, lines and profile in accordance with contract specifications.
- 2.3 - Explain the different methods of measuring the following dimensional controls and setting out points, lines and profiles:
- 2.4 - Describe different methods of confirming and maintaining dimensional control, setting out points, lines and profiles.
||Check and adjust measuring and recording equipment to the specified accuracy.
- 3.1 - Undertake checks and adjustments to a range of measuring and recording equipment relative to the occupational work environment or project type.
- 3.2 - Explain the methods used to check mechanical, optical and electronic measuring and recording equipment applicable to the occupational area.
- 3.3 - Describe how to apply manufacturers' tolerances to adjust equipment to maintain the specified accuracy.
||Identify any deviations in dimensional controls and ensure they are corrected in accordance with work requirements.
- 4.1 - Locate and establish possible deviations in dimensional control on a range of work being undertaken.
- 4.2 - Plan and implement corrective action that allows the work to meet project requirements.
- 4.3 - Describe the methods used to identify deviations in positioning, aligning and levelling, arising from:
- transfer of lines and levels
- use of wrong lines and levels.
- 4.4 - Explain the different methods of correcting deviations in position, level and alignment to meet work requirements.
||Identify circumstances and conditions that require revision of work practices.
- 5.1 - Investigate and establish ongoing work and compare to the contract specifications.
- 5.2 - Explain how to identify circumstances and conditions associated with the following that may affect the work and require revisions to the work procedure/practice:
- climate variation
- live conditions
- health and safety.