||Provide adequate information about the work, as required, to all people affected.
- 1.1 - Communicate arrangements for the work, to the relevant people, in relation to:
- start date
- how long it will take
- expected completion date.
- 1.2 - Explain different methods of informing the people affected of the work arrangements.
- 1.3 - List the types of people, internal and external to the project, who could be affected by work relevant to typical projects.
- 1.4 - Describe the consequences of providing inadequate information to those affected by the work
||Agree a programme and methods of work with the people who will carry out the work.
- 2.1 - Discuss and confirm work programmes and methods of work relevant to project requirements with people involved in carrying out the work.
- 2.2 - Explain different methods and techniques of agreeing programmes and methods of work with those who will be carrying out the work.
||Organise the work being done with other operations as required for the overall work being carried out.
- 3.1 - Arrange and agree work programmes with other occupations relevant to project requirements.
- 3.2 - Explain the methods of organising and co-ordinating work with other work activities/operations.
||Obtain sufficient resources of the appropriate type to meet the project requirements and timescales.
- 4.1 - Identify and source adequate, suitable resources to meet project requirements.
- 4.2 - Describe ways of identifying and obtaining required resources for the project.
- 4.3 - Explain methods of planning for resources, in relation to:
- plant and ancillary equipment
- materials and components
||Organise and control the work and resources in order to keep the workplace safe and tidy.
- 5.1 - Implement systems to control resources, maintain site tidiness and dispose of waste in accordance statutory requirements.
- 5.2 - Explain different ways of controlling the workplace and resources to create and maintain safe conditions and a tidy workplace.
- 5.3 - Explain how a safe and tidy workplace creates a favourable image of the organisation, its products and services, and the project.
||Identify, record and pass on information on any special considerations to people who could be affected.
- 6.1 - Identify any special considerations that have to be allowed for, which can affect the project or people, in relation to:
- vehicular access
- near neighbours
- public access
- workplace conditions
- health, safety and welfare
- statutory regulations and limitations
- Codes of Practice.
- 6.2 - Use appropriate methods to record any special considerations identified.
- 6.3 - Supply information on any identified special considerations to those who would be affected.
- 6.4 - Explain different ways of identifying what are special considerations.
- 6.5 - Describe the methods of recording special considerations.
- 6.6 - Explain ways information on special considerations can be passed on to the people affected.
||Organise the work area layout for operational purposes and communicate to the people involved with the work.
- 7.1 - Organise the operational work area layout for operational purposes for four of the following:
- layout of working area
- environmental considerations
- plant and/or equipment
- temporary services
- access and egress
- continued use by occupiers
- welfare facilities.
- 7.2 - Inform relevant workforce of the work area layout for operational purposes.
- 7.3 - Explain the methods and techniques used for passing on information about the work area layout to people working in the workplace.
- 7.4 - Explain different ways of organising/arranging the work area layout for operational purposes.
||Organise the storage and use of materials and components so that materials handling and movement is efficient and wastage is minimised.
- 8.1 - Plan and arrange storage for materials relevant to the occupational work environment in accordance with statutory and organisational requirements.
- 8.2 - Plan and arrange material handling and movement to allow minimum movement and waste.
- 8.3 - Explain the factors, methods and considerations needed to organise the efficient storage and use of materials and components.