Be able to develop ensemble skills on an instrument.
- 1.1 - Explain what is meant by ensemble skills.
- 1.2 - Perform as part of an ensemble and match:
- 1.3 - Work with an ensemble to produce a consistent sound.
- 1.4 - Evaluate the position of individual members within the ensemble in relation to achieving a unified sound.
- 1.5 - Apply a conducive pattern justifying decision.
Be able to rehearse ensemble performance.
- 2.1 - Through individual practice and ensemble rehearsals apply the technical demands of the music pieces.
- 2.2 - Explain the demands of putting the pieces together as an ensemble.
- 2.3 - Evaluate the rehearsal process and suggest amendments to the schedule.
- 2.4 - Evaluate the health and safety issues related to rigorous practice routines.
Be able to give a performance of musical ensemble skills.
- 3.1 - Give a performance of the chosen pieces with other members of the ensemble that:
a) is together
b) is evenly balanced
c) is well articulated
d) shows refined intonation
e) has a developed sense of pulse and movement
f) leaves room for soloistic moments within the texture
g) illustrates a successful interpretation of the music
h) gives performance which communicates well with its audience.
Be able to review the performance.
- 4.1 - Evaluate own contribution to the performance.
- 4.2 - Evaluate the overall success of the performance.
- 4.3 - Summarise areas of improvement for own performance.