||Work safely at all times when dismantling installed tower cranes.
- 1.1 - Comply with current health and safety legislation and other relevant regulations and guidelines applicable to the dismantling of installed tower cranes.
- 1.2 - Use personal protective equipment (PPE) relevant to tower crane dismantling activities.
- 1.3 - Describe health and safety legislation, regulations, safe working practices and procedures and company health and safety policies and workplace procedures that apply when dismantling installed tower cranes.
- 1.4 - State health and safety issues and describe reasons for possible injuries when dismantling installed tower cranes at height, in confined spaces and below ground level.
||Carry out preparation activities in order to dismantle pre-installed tower cranes and/or components.
- 2.1 - Identify and extract applicable information from relevant information sources when dismantling installed tower cranes.
- 2.2 - Establish and, where appropriate, mark components to aid re-assembly.
- 2.3 - Ensure that any stored energy or substances are released safely and correctly.
- 2.4 - Follow relevant dismantling instructions, disassembly drawings and any other relevant specifications to aid dismantling.
- 2.5 - Describe different sources of information and technical literature to aid the dismantling of tower cranes and/or components.
- 2.6 - Make all isolations and disconnections to installed tower cranes in line with approved procedures.
- 2.7 - Give reasons for the importance of dismantling installed tower cranes in the correct sequence and explain the possible consequences should procedures not be followed.
||Dismantle a range of relevant pre-installed tower cranes in the workplace following safe systems of work.
- 3.1 - Carry out dismantling operations on installed tower cranes, relevant to the occupational area on sites and/or client's premises, whilst conforming to given level of responsibility.
- 3.2 - Disassemble installed tower cranes using correct tools and techniques and following clearly defined procedures.
- 3.3 - Describe the type or types of approved dismantling methods, techniques, procedures, and tools and equipment needed to dismantle installed tower cranes relevant to the occupational area.
- 3.4 - Take suitable precautions to prevent damage to components, tools and equipment during dismantling operations.
- 3.5 - Outline the safe manual handling methods, safe removal procedures of components, and safe use requirements of lifting equipment during dismantling operations on installed tower cranes.
- 3.6 - Describe ways of protecting tools, accessories and equipment when dismantling relevant installed tower cranes, how to use lifting equipment and lifting aids, and how to store and keep secure specialist tools and equipment.
- 3.7 - Describe the possible types of damage that can occur to tower cranes and their components, when dismantling installed units.
||Segregate and sort parts and components from dismantled tower cranes for disposal and/or reuse.
- 4.1 - Label and store parts, components and sub-assemblies from dismantled tower cranes for reuse in approved locations.
- 4.2 - Discard unwanted dismantled components, parts, sub-assemblies or substances in accordance with approved procedures.
- 4.3 - State the organisational instructions and procedures for dealing with damages and defects, and the disposing of hazardous and non-hazardous waste substances.
||Comply with organisational communication procedures when dismantling installed tower cranes.
- 5.1 - Demonstrate dealing promptly and effectively with problems within given control and report those that cannot be solved to other designated personnel.
- 5.2 - State the organisations reporting lines and procedures associated with the dismantling of installed tower cranes.