||Identify quality standards from available information and clearly specify to the people responsible for their implementation.
- 1.1 - Source and establish quality standards relevant to project requirements.
- 1.2 - Inform those implementing the standards of the level of quality needed.
- 1.3 - Explain the various types and source of quality standards applicable to the occupational work environment.
- 1.4 - Describe the various methods for passing quality standards onto those responsible for their implementation.
||Regularly check that work conforms to the design requirements and the specified quality standards.
- 2.1 - Locate and inspect work done within the occupational work environment on a regular basis.
- 2.2 - Compare inspection results against the design requirements to establish conformity with the specified quality standards.
- 2.3 - Explain the methods available to check that the work and resources conforms to the design requirements and specified quality standards.
||Identify work that fails to meet the requirements and quality standards, and implement corrective action.
- 3.1 - Identify work which fails to meet required quality standards.
- 3.2 - Plan and implement the required action needed to correct work not meeting specified quality standards.
- 3.3 - Explain the techniques and methods used to identify work that has failed to meet quality standards.
- 3.4 - Describe the various methods for implementing corrective actions to work which does not meet quality standards.
||Regularly inform decision makers about significant variations in quality standards.
- 4.1 - Advise decision makers on corrections undertaken using suitable formats that comply with organisational procedures.
- 4.2 - Describe the methods used to inform decision makers about significant variations in quality standards.
- 4.3 - Explain when action should be taken on typical variations in quality standards relative to the occupational work environment.