Understand the role of the sports coach.
- 1.1 - Analyse the role of the sports coach with reference to responsibilities in:
c) evaluation of session
d) personal strengths and weaknesses
Understand the skills involved in sports coaching.
- 2.1 - Explain the skills involved in sports coaching.
- 2.2 - Evaluate the contribution of these skills when conducting a successful coaching session in relation to:
Understand factors affecting performance of participants.
- 3.1 - Analyse the effect of the following factors which determine a participant’s performance:
a) drugs and sport
b) over training
d) body types
Understand how to plan and administer a coaching session.
- 4.1 - Explain the factors necessary for a successful coaching session.
- 4.2 - Evaluate the following factors in delivering a successful coaching session:
f) control of the group