||Interpret the given information relating to the use of hoists during installation activities.
- 1.1 - Interpret and extract information from drawings, specifications, schedules and manufacturers' information.
- 1.2 - Comply with information and/or instructions derived from risk assessments and method statement.
- 1.3 - State the organisational procedures developed to report and rectify inappropriate information and unsuitable resources and how they are implemented.
- 1.4 - Describe different types of information, their source and how they are interpreted in relation to:
- drawings, specifications, schedules, manufacturers' information, method statements, risk assessments and guidance applicable to hoist operations.
||Know how to comply with relevant legislation and official guidance when operating hoists during installation activities.
- 2.1 - Describe their responsibilities under current legislation and official guidance whilst working:
- in the workplace, below ground level, at height, with tools and equipment, with materials and substances, with movement/storage of materials and by manual handling and mechanical lifting.
- 2.2 - Describe the organisational security procedures for tools, equipment and personal belongings in relation to site, workplace, company and operative.
- 2.3 - State what the accident reporting procedures are and who is responsible for making reports.
||Maintain safe working practices when operating hoists during installation activities.
- 3.1 - Use personal protective equipment (PPE) safely and carry out the activity in accordance with legislation and organisational requirements.
- 3.2 - Explain why and when personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used, relating to hoist installation operations, and the types, purpose and limitations of each type.
- 3.3 - State how emergencies should be responded to in accordance with organisational authorisation and personal skills when involved with fires, spillages, injuries and other particular task-related hazards.
||Comply with the given contract information to prepare and operate hoists during installation activities, to the required specification.
- 4.1 - Demonstrate the following work skills when preparing and operating hoists during installation activities:
- checking, adjusting, operating, communicating, manoeuvring and positioning.
- 4.2 - Prepare and operate hoists in the workplace to given working instructions whilst engaging in installation activities.
- 4.3 - Describe how to apply safe work practices, the typical hazards, follow procedures, how problems are reported and the authority needed to rectify, to:
- identify the characteristics of the hoist that is to be installed, erected, altered or dismantled
- carry out pre-use checks
- prepare, set up, check and adjust for operational requirements, safety and security
- carry out functional and operational checks
- confirm hoist and equipment stability and security
- shut down and secure the hoist.
- 4.4 - Use ancillary equipment and machinery.
- 4.5 - State the needs of other occupations and how to communicate within a team when preparing for and operating hoist during installation activities.