Interpret the given information relating to the work and resources when installing supplementary steel frame finishings.
- 1.1 - Interpret and extract relevant information from drawings, specifications, digital information, schedules, method statements, risk assessments and manufacturers' information.
- 1.2 - Comply with information and/or instructions derived from risk assessments and method statements.
- 1.3 - Describe the organisational procedures developed to report and rectify inappropriate information and unsuitable resources and how they are implemented.
- 1.4 - Describe different types of information, their source and how they are interpreted in relation to:
–drawings, specifications, schedules, digital information and 3D modelling, method statements, risk assessments, manufacturers' technical information, official guidance and current regulations governing buildings in relation to installing supplementary steel frame finishings.
Know how to comply with relevant legislation and official guidance when installing supplementary steel frame finishings.
- 2.1 - Describe their responsibilities regarding potential accidents, health hazards and the environment whilst working:
–in the workplace, below ground level, in confined spaces, at height, with tools and equipment, with materials and substances, with movement and storage of materials by manual handling and mechanical lifting.
- 2.2 - Describe the organisational security procedures for tools, equipment and personal belongings in relation to site, workplace, company, operative and vehicles.
- 2.3 - Explain what the accident reporting procedures are and who is responsible for making reports.
Maintain safe and healthy working practices when installing supplementary steel frame finishings.
- 3.1 - Use health and safety control equipment safely and comply with the methods of work to carry out the activity in accordance with current legislation and organisational requirements when installing supplementary steel frame finishings.
- 3.2 - Demonstrate compliance with given information and relevant legislation when installing supplementary steel frame finishings in relation to the following:
–safe use of access equipment
–safe use, storage and handling of materials, tools and equipment
–specific risks to health.
- 3.3 - Explain why and when health and safety control equipment, identified by the principles of prevention, should be used, relating to the installing of supplementary steel frame finishings, and the types, purpose and limitations of each type, the work situation and general work environment in relation to:
–collective protective measures
–local exhaust ventilation (LEV)
–personal protective equipment (PPE)
–respiratory protective equipment (RPE).
- 3.4 - Describe how the relevant health and safety control equipment should be used in accordance with the given working instructions.
- 3.5 - Describe how emergencies should be responded to in accordance with organisational authorisation and personal skills when involved with fires, spillages, injuries and other task-related activities.
Select the required quantity and quality of resources for the methods of work to install supplementary steel frame finishings.
- 4.1 - Select resources associated with own work in relation to materials, components, fixings, tools, equipment and consumables.
- 4.2 - Describe the characteristics, quality, uses, sustainability, limitations and defects associated with the resources in relation to:
–brick tie systems, breather membrane, vapour control layers, fire stops, insulation, internal linings sheathing boarding and associated items
–fittings and fixings (cladding support fixings)
–hand tools, portable power tools and equipment.
- 4.3 - Describe how to confirm that the resources and materials conform to the specification.
- 4.4 - Describe how the resources should be used correctly and how problems associated with the resources are reported.
- 4.5 - Explain why the organisational procedures have been developed and how they are used for the selection of required resources.
- 4.6 - Describe any potential hazards associated with the resources and methods of work.
- 4.7 - Describe how to calculate quantity, length, area and wastage associated with the method and procedure to install supplementary steel frame finishings.
Minimise the risk of damage to the work and surrounding area when installing supplementary steel frame finishings.
- 5.1 - Protect the work and its surrounding area from damage in accordance with safe working practices and organisational procedures.
- 5.2 - Maintain a clear and tidy work space.
- 5.3 - Dispose of waste in accordance with current legislation.
- 5.4 - Describe how to protect work from damage and the purpose of protection in relation to general workplace activities, other occupations and adverse weather conditions.
- 5.5 - Explain why the disposal of waste should be carried out safely in accordance with environmental responsibilities, organisational procedures, manufacturers’ information, statutory regulations and official guidance.
Complete the work within the allocated time when installing supplementary steel frame finishings.
- 6.1 - Demonstrate completion of the work within the estimated allocated time.
- 6.2 - Describe the purpose of the work programme and explain why deadlines should be kept in relation to:
–types of productivity targets and time scales
–how times are estimated
–organisational procedures for reporting circumstances which will affect the work programme.
Comply with the given contract information to install supplementary steel frame finishings to the required specification.
- 7.1 - Demonstrate the following work skills when installing supplementary steel frame finishings:
–measuring, marking out, fitting, finishing, positioning and securing.
- 7.2 - Use and maintain hand tools, portable power tools and ancillary equipment.
- 7.3 -
|Install at least one of the following to given working instructions: |
– brick tie systems
– breather membrane – vapour control layer
– internal linings
– sheathing boarding
– cladding support fixtures.
- 7.4 - Describe how to apply safe and healthy work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish the authority needed to rectify them, to:
–provide information for Building Information Modelling (BIM)
–install brick tie systems, breather membranes, vapour control layers, fire stops, insulation, internal linings, sheathing boarding and cladding support fixtures
–form connections associated with steel frame construction
–install insulation to achieve the specified energy and carbon performance
–avoid thermal bridging, bypassing and condensation
–apply the principles of airtightness and ventilation
–form joints associated with fixing internal linings
–recognise and determine when specialist skills and knowledge are required and report accordingly
–identify and follow the installation quality requirements
–work with, around and in close proximity to plant and machinery
–direct and guide the operations and movement of plant and machinery
–use hand tools, portable power tools and equipment
–work at height
–use access equipment
–economise the use of water, report leaks and turn taps off.
- 7.5 - Describe the needs of other occupations and how to communicate effectively within a team when installing supplementary steel frame finishings.
- 7.6 - Describe how to maintain the tools and equipment used for installing supplementary steel frame finishings.