||Know how to comply with relevant legislation and official guidance when installing internal mouldings.
- 1.1 - Describe the different types of relevant instruction used with the method/procedure to install internal mouldings.
- 1.2 - Describe their responsibilities under current legislation and official guidance whilst working:
- in the workplace, below ground level, at height, in confined spaces, with tools and equipment, with materials and substances, with movement/storage of materials and by manual handling and mechanical lifting.
- 1.3 - Describe the organisational security procedures for tools, equipment and personal belongings in relation to site, workplace, company and operative.
- 1.4 - State what the accident reporting procedures are and who is responsible for making reports.
- 1.5 - State the types of fire extinguishers available when installing internal mouldings and describe how and when they are used.
||Maintain safe working practices when installing internal mouldings.
- 2.1 - Use health and safety control equipment safely to carry out the activity in accordance with legislation and organisational requirements when installing internal mouldings.
- 2.2 - State why and when health and safety control equipment, identified by the principles of protection, should be used, relating to installing internal mouldings, and the types, purpose and limitations of each type, the work situation and general work environment, in relation to:
- collective protective finishes
- personal protective equipment (PPE)
- respiratory protective equipment (RPE)
- local exhaust ventilation (LEV).
- 2.3 - Describe how the relevant health and safety control equipment should be used in accordance with the given instructions.
- 2.4 - State how emergencies should be responded to in accordance with organisational authorisation and personal skills when involved with fires, spillages, injuries and other task-related hazards.
||Select the required quantity and quality of resources for the methods of work to install internal mouldings.
- 3.1 - Select resources associated with own work in relation to materials, components, fixings, tools and equipment.
- 3.2 - Describe the characteristics, quality, uses, sustainability, limitations and defects associated with the resources in relation to:
- architrave, skirting, dado rails, picture rails, fixings and associated ancillary items
- hand and/or powered tools and equipment.
- 3.3 - State how the resources should be used correctly.
- 3.4 - Outline any potential hazards associated with the resources and method of work.
- 3.5 - Describe how to calculate quantity, length, area and wastage associated with the method/procedure to install internal mouldings.
||Minimise the risk of damage to the work and surrounding area when installing internal mouldings.
- 4.1 - Protect the work and its surrounding area from damage in accordance with safe working practices and organisational procedures.
- 4.2 - Minimise damage and maintain a clean work space.
- 4.3 - Dispose of waste in accordance with legislation.
- 4.4 - Describe how to protect work from damage and the purpose of protection in relation to general workplace activities, other occupations and adverse weather conditions.
- 4.5 - State why the disposal of waste should be carried out in relation to the work in accordance with environmental responsibilities, organisational procedures, manufacturers' information, statutory regulations and official guidance.
||Complete the work within the allocated time when installing internal mouldings.
- 5.1 - Demonstrate completion of the work within the allocated time.
- 5.2 - State the purpose of the work programme.
- 5.3 - State why deadlines should be kept in relation to agreed start and finish times.
||Comply with the given contract information to install internal mouldings to the required specification.
- 6.1 - Demonstrate the following work skills when installing internal mouldings:
- measuring, marking out, fitting, finishing, positioning and securing.
- 6.2 - Install architrave and skirting and/or mouldings requiring scribes and mitres to given working instructions.
- 6.3 - Safely use and handle materials.
- 6.4 - Safely use hand tools, portable power tools and ancillary equipment.
- 6.5 - Safely store the materials, tools and equipment used when installing internal mouldings.
- 6.6 - Describe how to apply safe work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish the authority needed to rectify them, to:
- prepare and fix: architraves, skirtings, dado rails, picture rails, mouldings, mitre and scribe, scribe to irregular surfaces, return mouldings across width and thickness
- use hand tools, power tools and equipment
- work at height
- use access equipment.
- 6.7 - State the needs of other occupations and how to communicate within a team when installing internal mouldings.
- 6.8 - State how to sharpen the hand tools used when installing internal mouldings.
- 6.9 - Describe how to maintain the tools and equipment used when installing internal mouldings.