||Interpret the given information relating to the preparation and use of tractors with towed equipment to carry out non-agricultural activities.
- 1.1 - Interpret and extract relevant information from drawings, specifications, schedules, risk assessments and manufacturers' information.
- 1.2 - Comply with information and/or instructions derived from risk assessments and method statements.
- 1.3 - Describe the organisational procedures developed to report and rectify inappropriate information and unsuitable resources and how they are implemented.
- 1.4 - Describe different types of information, their source and how they are interpreted in relation to:
- drawings, specifications, schedules, method statements, risk assessments, manufacturers' information, and current regulations governing the operation of tractors with towed equipment.
||Organise with others the sequence and operation in which non-agricultural activities using tractors with towed equipment are to be carried out.
- 2.1 - Organise the work according to given information or instructions.
- 2.2 - Describe how to communicate ideas between team members.
- 2.3 - Organise and communicate with team members and other associated occupations.
- 2.4 - Describe how to organise resources prior to and during non-agricultural activities.
||Know how to comply with relevant legislation and official guidance when carrying out non-agricultural activities using tractors with towed equipment.
- 3.1 - Describe their responsibilities regarding potential accidents, health hazards and the environment whilst working:
- in the workplace, below ground level, in confined spaces, at height, with tools and equipment, with materials and substances, with movement/storage of materials and by manual handling and mechanical lifting.
- 3.2 - Describe the organisational security procedures for tools, equipment and personal belongings in relation to site, workplace, company and operative.
- 3.3 - Explain what the accident reporting procedures are and who is responsible for making reports.
||Maintain safe and healthy working practices when preparing for and carrying out non-agricultural activities using tractors with towed equipment.
- 4.1 - Use health and safety control equipment safely and comply with the methods of work to carry out the activity in accordance with legislation and organisational requirements during non-agricultural activities.
- 4.2 - Demonstrate compliance with given information and relevant legislation when carrying out non-agricultural activities using tractors with towed equipment in relation to two or more of the following:
- safe use and storage of plant or machinery
- safe use and storage of tools and equipment
- specific risks to health.
- 4.3 - Explain why and when health and safety control equipment, identified by the principles of protection, should be used, relating to tractors with towed equipment use, and the types, purpose and limitations of each type, the work situation and general work environment, in relation to:
- collective protective measures
- personal protective equipment (PPE)
- respiratory protective equipment (RPE)
- local exhaust ventilation (LEV).
- 4.4 - Describe how the relevant health and safety control equipment should be used in accordance with the given working instructions.
- 4.5 - Describe how emergencies should be responded to in accordance with organisational authorisation and personal skills when involved with fires, spillages, injuries and other task-related activities.
||Request and select the required quantity and quality of resources to prepare for and carry out non-agricultural activities using tractors with towed equipment.
- 5.1 - Request and select resources associated with tractors with towed equipment in relation to consumables, materials, tools, ancillary equipment and/or accessories.
- 5.2 - Describe the characteristics, quality, uses, sustainability, limitations and defects associated with the resources, and how they should be used correctly, relating to:
- consumables, lubricants and fuels
- attachments and load coverings
- hand tools, ancillary equipment and accessories.
- 5.3 - Describe how the resources should be used correctly and how problems associated with the resources are reported.
- 5.4 - Explain why the organisational procedures have been developed and how they are used for the selection of required resources.
- 5.5 - Describe any potential hazards associated with the resources and methods of work.
- 5.6 - Describe how to identify weight, quantity, pressure, length and area associated with the method/procedures to carry out non-agricultural activities.
||Minimise the risk of damage to the work and surrounding area when preparing to and carrying out non-agricultural activities.
- 6.1 - Protect the work and its surrounding area from damage in accordance with safe working practices and organisational procedures.
- 6.2 - Prevent damage and maintain a clean work space.
- 6.3 - Dispose of waste in accordance with current legislation.
- 6.4 - Describe how to protect work from damage and the purpose of protection in relation to general workplace activities, other occupations and adverse weather conditions.
- 6.5 - Explain why the disposal of waste should be carried out safely in accordance with environmental responsibilities, organisational procedures, manufacturers' information, statutory regulations and official guidance.
||Complete the work within the allocated time when preparing to and carrying out non-agricultural activities using tractors with towed equipment.
- 7.1 - Demonstrate completion of the work within the allocated time.
- 7.2 - Describe the purpose of the work programme and describe why deadlines should be kept in relation to:
- types of progress charts, timetables and estimated times
- organisational procedures for reporting circumstances which will affect the work programme.
||Comply with the given contract information to carry out non-agricultural activities using tractors with towed equipment to the required specification.
- 8.1 - Demonstrate the following work skills when preparing for and carrying out non-agricultural activities using tractors with towed equipment:
- checking, adjusting, communicating, manoeuvring, positioning, receiving, transporting, depositing and cleaning.
- 8.2 - Use and maintain hand tools, ancillary equipment and/or accessories.
- 8.3 - Prepare to, position, set up and operate tractors with towed equipment to undertake non-agricultural activities to given working instructions.
- 8.4 - Shut down and secure tractors with towed equipment.
- 8.5 - Describe how to apply safe and healthy work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish authority needed to rectify, to:
– identify the characteristics of the tractors with towed equipment used for non-agricultural work
– carry out function checks to receive and transport loads
– identify characteristics, type and volume of loads
– prepare, set up and adjust for operational requirements
– carry out pre-operational checks for obstructions, stability, safety and security of the work and surrounding area
– recognise and determine when specific skills and knowledge are required and report accordingly.
- 8.6 - Describe how to apply safe and healthy work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish authority needed to rectify, to:
- identify the area or work
- check to avoid damage to structures and utilities service apparatus
- receive, secure and balance loads for movement safely and securely
- transport and deposit loads
- be on the public highway
- shut down and secure the tractor
- use hand tools, ancillary equipment and accessories.
- 8.7 - Describe the needs of other occupations and how to effectively communicate within a team when preparing to and carrying out non-agricultural activities.
- 8.8 - Describe how to maintain the plant and machinery, hand tools and ancillary equipment used for non-agricultural activities.