||Work safely at all times when carrying out basic maintenance on installed plant and equipment.
- 1.1 - Comply with current health and safety legislation, and other relevant regulations and guidelines applicable to the basic maintenance of installed plant and equipment.
- 1.2 - Use personal protective equipment (PPE) relevant to installed plant and equipment maintenance activities.
- 1.3 - Describe health and safety legislation, regulations, codes of practice, official guidance, safe working practices and procedures and company health and safety policies and workplace procedures that apply to basic maintenance activities.
- 1.4 - Describe the safe and correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and manual handling procedures when carrying out basic maintenance activities on installed plant and equipment to the occupational area.
- 1.5 - State reasons for the care and protection of surrounding areas and persons affected by the work, and possible injuries through:
- the release of substances
- slipping on wet/greasy surfaces
- working at height.
||Follow the relevant maintenance schedules to carry out the required work.
- 2.1 - Identify and extract applicable maintenance schedule and related specifications from relevant information sources.
- 2.2 - Outline maintenance schedules and durations for typical plant and equipment within the occupational area.
- 2.3 - Describe typical information contained within manufacturers operation and maintenance manuals.
||Maintain a range of plant and equipment used in the construction and allied industries in both operational and non-operational situations.
- 3.1 - Carry out typical basic maintenance activities according to manufacturer's specifications and organisational procedures within the limits of their personal authority.
- 3.2 - Maintain to a basic level, typical plant and equipment relevant to the occupational area on construction sites and/or client's premises.
- 3.3 - Describe the routine maintenance methods and procedures required by manufacturers, and the organisational instructions and procedures when maintaining plant and equipment.
- 3.4 - Outline the types of available resources, tools and equipment and their suitability for different maintenance tasks, and the different application techniques for applying and replenishing lubricants.
- 3.5 - Carry out basic maintenance activities in the specified sequence and complete the activities within the agreed timescale.
- 3.6 - Describe how to carry out sensory, functional and safety checks on the plant and equipment prior to, during and on completion of basic maintenance tasks as specified by the manufacturers.
||Comply with the procedures for non-planned occurrences when carrying out basic maintenance on plant and equipment.
- 4.1 - Demonstrate following procedures where the maintenance activities cannot be fully met, or where there are identified defect outside of the planned schedule.
- 4.2 - Describe typical problems that can occur during basic maintenance tasks on plant and equipment within the occupational area, and how recognised problems can be rectified.
||Comply with organisational maintenance records documentation procedures and waste disposal procedures when carrying out basic maintenance on plant and equipment.
- 5.1 - Complete relevant maintenance records accurately and pass them onto the appropriate person.
- 5.2 - Dispose of waste materials and substances in accordance with safe working practices and approved procedures.
- 5.3 - Outline the type of maintenance records kept by the organisation and the service history of individual machines.
- 5.4 - Describe the importance of keeping servicing and maintenance records, organisational and statutory requirements for record keeping, operational efficiency in keeping records and customer requirements (where applicable) of requiring accurate records.
- 5.5 - State the organisational procedures for handling and disposing of waste materials and substances.
- 5.6 - Describe the maintenance authorisation procedures as specified by the manufacturer and the organisation (applicable to customer requirements).
- 5.7 - Outline the organisation's reporting lines and communication procedures associated with maintaining plant and equipment.