||Interpret the given information relating to the work and resources when erecting and dismantling mobile and static scaffold towers.
- 1.1 - Interpret and extract information from plans, drawings and sketches, specifications, method statements, risk assessments, schedules and manufacturers' information.
- 1.2 - Comply with information and/or instructions derived from risk assessments and method statement.
- 1.3 - State the organisational procedures developed to report and rectify inappropriate information and unsuitable resources and how they are implemented.
- 1.4 - Describe different types of information, their source and how they are interpreted in relation to:
- plans, drawings and sketches, method statements, risk assessments, specifications, schedules, manufacturers' information, standards, regulations and official guidance associated with scaffolding work.
||Know how to comply with relevant legislation and official guidance when erecting and dismantling mobile and static scaffold towers.
- 2.1 - Describe their responsibilities under current legislation and official guidance whilst working:
- in the workplace, below ground level, in confined spaces, at height, with tools and equipment, with materials and substances, with movement/storage of materials and by manual handling and mechanical lifting.
- 2.2 - Describe the organisational security procedures for tools, equipment and personal belongings in relation to site, workplace, company and operative.
- 2.3 - State what the accident reporting procedures are and who is responsible for making reports.
||Maintain safe working practices when erecting and dismantling mobile and static scaffold towers.
- 3.1 - Use personal protective equipment (PPE) and access equipment safely to carry out the activity in accordance with legislation and organisational requirements when erecting and dismantling mobile and static scaffold towers.
- 3.2 - Explain why, when and how personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used, relating to erecting and dismantling mobile and static scaffold towers, and the types, purpose and limitations of each type.
- 3.3 - State how emergencies should be responded to in accordance with organisational authorisation and personal skills when involved with fires, spillages, injuries and other task-related hazards.
||Select the required quantity and quality of resources for the methods of work to erect and dismantle mobile and static scaffold towers.
- 4.1 - Describe the characteristics, quality, uses, limitations and defects associated with the resources in relation to:
- tube and fitting
- systems scaffold
- associated materials (props, ropes, anchors, ties, boards, plates, beams, ladders, proprietary components etc.)
- hand tools and ancillary equipment.
- 4.2 - Select resources associated with own work in relation to materials, components, fixings/anchors and ties, tools and equipment and access equipment.
- 4.3 - State how the resources should be used correctly, how problems associated with the resources are reported and how the organisational procedures are used.
- 4.4 - Outline potential hazards associated with the resources and method of work.
- 4.5 - Describe how to calculate quantity, length and area associated with the method/procedure to erect and dismantle mobile and static scaffold towers.
||Minimise the risk of damage to the work and surrounding area when erecting and dismantling mobile and static scaffold towers.
- 5.1 - Protect the work and its surrounding area from damage.
- 5.2 - Minimise damage and maintain a clean work space.
- 5.3 - Describe how to protect work from damage and the purpose of protection in relation to general workplace activities, other occupations and adverse weather conditions.
- 5.4 - Dispose of waste in accordance with legislation.
- 5.5 - State why the disposal of waste should be carried out safely in accordance with environmental responsibilities, organisational procedures, manufacturers' information, statutory regulations and official guidance.
||Complete the work within the allocated time when erecting and dismantling mobile and static scaffold towers.
- 6.1 - Demonstrate completion of the work within the allocated time.
- 6.2 - State the purpose of the work programme and explain why deadlines should be kept in relation to:
- types of progress charts, timetables and estimated times
- organisational procedures for reporting circumstances which will affect the work programme.
||Comply with the given contract information to erect and dismantle mobile and static scaffold towers to the required specification.
- 7.1 - Demonstrate the following work skills when erecting and dismantling mobile and static scaffold towers:
- measuring, setting out, assembling, fixing, positioning, securing and removing.
- 7.2 - Erect and dismantle mobile and static scaffold towers to given working instructions using either of the following materials and component make-up:
- tube and fitting
- systems scaffold.
- 7.3 - Describe how to apply safe work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish the authority needed to rectify them, to:
- confirm the area to erect the scaffold tower
- confirm that the stability of the foundation/structure on which the scaffold tower (mobile and static) will be erected and secured has been considered
- confirm the materials and component make-up (tube and fitting, systems scaffold)
- set out and prepare for the scaffold structure
- identify base and height ratio's
- employ outriggers
- install and test anchors and ties
- erect scaffold towers for support and access
- erect and secure the scaffold for the use of other occupations
- move mobile scaffold towers
- erect designed and un-designed scaffold towers (limitations and formula)
- dismantle and remove scaffold tower
- visually inspect fall protection equipment
- use hand tools and ancillary equipment
- work at height
- use access equipment (mobile and static).
- 7.4 - Safely use and store materials, hand tools and ancillary equipment.
- 7.5 - State the needs of other occupations and how to communicate within a team when erecting and dismantling mobile and static scaffold towers.
- 7.6 - Describe how to maintain the tools and equipment used when erecting and dismantling mobile and static scaffold towers.