||Interpret the given information relating to the work and resources when carrying out stressing operations for post tensioning systems.
- 1.1 - Interpret and extract information from drawings, specifications, schedules and manufacturers' information.
- 1.2 - Comply with information and/or instructions derived from risk assessments and method statements.
- 1.3 - State the organisational procedures developed to report and rectify inappropriate information and unsuitable resources and how they are implemented.
- 1.4 - Describe different types of information, their source and how they are interpreted in relation to:
- drawings, specifications, schedules, manufacturers' information and associated regulations.
||Know how to comply with relevant legislation and official guidance when carrying out stressing operations for post tensioning systems.
- 2.1 - Describe their responsibilities under current legislation and official guidance whilst working:
- in the workplace, below ground level, at height, in confined spaces, with tools and equipment, with materials and substances, with movement/storage of materials and by manual handling and mechanical lifting.
- 2.2 - Describe the organisational security procedures for tools, equipment and personal belongings in relation to site, workplace, company and operative.
- 2.3 - State what the accident reporting procedures are and who is responsible for making reports.
- 2.4 - State the types of fire extinguishers available when carrying out stressing operations for post tensioning systems and describe how and when they are used.
||Maintain safe working practices when carrying out stressing operations for post tensioning systems.
- 3.1 - Use personal protective equipment (PPE) and access equipment safely to carry out the activity in accordance with legislation and organisational requirements when carrying out stressing operations for post tensioning systems.
- 3.2 - Explain why, when and how personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used, relating to carrying out stressing operations for post tensioning systems, and the types, purpose and limitations of each type.
- 3.3 - State how emergencies should be responded to in accordance with organisational authorisation and personal skills when involved with fires, spillages, injuries and other task-related hazards.
- 3.4 - Demonstrate the safe use of a fire extinguisher relevant to a typical fire associated with carrying out stressing operations for post tensioning systems as relevant to the operations.
||Select the required quantity and quality of resources for the methods of work to carry out stressing operations for post tensioning systems.
- 4.1 - Describe the characteristics, quality, uses, limitations and defects associated with the resources in relation to:
- specified anchor assembly, wedges, nuts, washers and caps
- stressing equipment, pumps, pressure gauges, hoses
- calibration certificates
- specialist stressing equipment
- hand and/or powered tools and equipment.
- 4.2 - Select resources associated with own work in relation to materials, components, fixings, tools and equipment.
- 4.3 - State how the resources should be used correctly, how problems associated with the resources are reported and how the organisational procedures are used.
- 4.4 - Outline potential hazards associated with the resources and method of work.
- 4.5 - Describe how to calculate quantity, length, area and wastage associated with the method/procedure to carry out stressing operations for post tensioning systems.
||Minimise the risk of damage to the work and surrounding area when carrying out stressing operations for post tensioning systems.
- 5.1 - Protect the work and its surrounding area from damage.
- 5.2 - Minimise damage and maintain a clean work space.
- 5.3 - Describe how to protect work from damage and the purpose of protection in relation to general workplace activities, other occupations and adverse weather conditions.
- 5.4 - Dispose of waste in accordance with legislation.
- 5.5 - State why the disposal of waste should be carried out safely in accordance with environmental responsibilities, organisational procedures, manufacturers' information, statutory regulations and official guidance.
||Complete the work within the allocated time when carrying out stressing operations for post tensioning systems.
- 6.1 - Demonstrate completion of the work within the allocated time.
- 6.2 - State the purpose of the work programme and explain why deadlines should be kept in relation to:
- types of progress charts, timetables and estimated times
- organisational procedures for reporting circumstances which will affect the work programme.
||Comply with the given contract information to carry out stressing operations for post tensioning systems to the required specification.
- 7.1 - Demonstrate the following work skills when carrying out stressing operations for post tensioning systems:
- measuring, stressing, locking off and recording.
- 7.2 - Carry out stressing operations to two of the following to given working instructions:
- mono tendons
- multi strand tendons
- post tensioning bars.
- 7.3 - Describe how to apply safe work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish the authority needed to rectify them, to:
- remove void formers
- install anchor blocks, wedges and/or post tensioning bar nuts and washers
- confirm measuring regime
- confirm specified concrete strength has been achieved
- stress tendons and/or post tensioning bars to required load
- carry out second stage stressing operation, if specified
- measure and record extensions
- cut and seal tendons
- lock and cap post tensioning bars
- record and communicate data
- use specialist stressing equipment
- use hand tools, power tools and equipment
- work at height
- use access equipment as required.
- 7.4 - Safely use and store materials, hand tools, portable power tools, ancillary and stressing equipment.
- 7.5 - State the needs of other occupations and how to communicate within a team when carrying out stressing operations for post tensioning systems.
- 7.6 - Describe how to maintain the tools and equipment used when carrying out stressing operations for post tensioning systems.