This course was developed in conjunction with Leica Geosystems, one of the leading cable avoidance equipment manufacturers in the world. Leica Geosystems provide the Train the Trainer course for all trainers wishing to offer this course.
- Understand why we use cable avoidance equipment and the possible consequences of not using them.
Be introduced to the theory of electromagnetic location and its limitations.
- Recognise the principles of risk assessment with regards to cable avoidance.
- Demonstrate the correct application of the equipment.
- Appreciate the importance of using both the transmitter and locator
- Development Partner: Leica
- Course Length: 1 day
- Minimum Age: 17
- Assessment: Practical Task and Multiple-Choice Test
- CITB Grant: Yes - GET2374
Who is this course designed for?
This course is aimed at a wide group of operatives who need to use detection equipment to locate underground services, this could be ground workers, highways maintenance, surveyors, utilities workers and more.
Train the Trainer