Manual Movement and Traversing of Loads
This course was developed in conjunction with the Lead AP Group and Select Training for personnel wishing to enhance their knowledge around the safe use of small lifting equipment, and non-crane-related lifting operations.
The Manual Movement & Traversing of Loads course provides personnel, who have experience of the slinger signaller role, with the basic knowledge of activities associated with the use of chain blocks and other associated equipment & accessories, to safely and competently carry out Manual Movement & Traversing of Loads (MMTL) on site, in line with lift plans and site guidelines.
- The law.
- Principles of Manual Movement & Traversing of Loads.
- Lifting equipment types and restrictions.
- Lift plans and method statements.
- Practical lifting.
- Development Partner: Select
- Course Length: 3 days
- Minimum Age: 16
- Assessment: Practical and Written Theory Assessment
Who is this course designed for?
This course has the following candidate pre-requisites: CPCS A40 Slinger Signaller Qualification and a Manual Handling Qualification
Train The Trainer
- There is no train-the-trainer requirement for this course.