Manual Movement and Traversing of Loads
This course was developed in conjunction with the Lead AP Group and Select Training for personnel wishing to enhance their knowledge around the safe use of small lifting equipment, and non-crane related lifting operations.
The Manual Movement & Traversing of Loads course provides personnel, who have experience of the slinger signaller role, with the basic knowledge of activities associated with the use of chain blocks and other associated equipment & accessories, to safely and competently carry out Manual Movement & Traversing of Loads (MMTL) on site, in line with lift plans and site guidelines.
The course is a mix of theory and practical exercises. Delegates are evaluated by means of an assessment throughout the duration of the course which leads to a theoretical examination. If successful in both parts they are then awarded the Manual Movement & Traversing of Loads Qualification.
By the end of the training the learner should have
- an understanding of the hazards of the industry and their roles and responsibilities, have a basic knowledge of The Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and associated regulations,
- be able to identify and understand the information contained within a risk assessment and a lift plan in accordance with legislation and manufactures instructions,
- be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of the different types of lifting equipment used for traversing loads and the restrictions in their use,
- be able to conduct pre-operational checks on lifting equipment, attachment points, loads, routes of travel and landing areas,
- be able to safely carry out manual movement & traversing of loads
- CPCS A40 Slinger Signaller qualification
- Manual Handling
This course is currently exclusive to Select Training Academy – please contact them for further information.
Tel: 01322 732732
Brochure and Enquiries: Select Training Academy - Brochure