Agriculture, Horticulture and Environmental
NOCN accredited qualifications and units support people entering agriculture, horticulture and environmental professions.
To ensure our qualifications meet the needs of the industry, NOCN works with the Sector Skills Councils and Standard Setting Bodies across the UK.
NOCN qualifications in horticulture and forest school activities are designed to introduce learners to the skills and knowledge required to progress within the sector and wider land-based industry.
Horticulture qualifications support learners new to the sector by providing knowledge of health and safety, the growing of plants, the use of tools and the skills demanded by horticultural practice.
Forest Schools are a growing educational sector in the UK and these qualifications have been developed with the Forest School Association, supported by LANTRA.
NOCN Qualifications include:
- NOCN Entry Level Award in Efficiency for Sustainability (Entry 3)(QCF)
- NOCN Level 1 Award in Energy Efficiency for Sustainability(QCF)
- NOCN Level 2 Diploma in Practical Environmental and Conservation Skills (QCF)
- NOCN Level 1 Award in Horticulture(QCF)
- NOCN Level 1 Certificate in Horticulture (QCF)
- NOCN Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Heritage Conservation and Restoration of Britain’s Canals and Waterways (QCF)
- NOCN Level 1 Award in Introduction to Forest School Principles (QCF)
- NOCN Level 2 Award in Forest School Programme Support (QCF)