||Interpret the given information relating to the work and resources when forming saw cuts in structural fabric material.
- 1.1 - Interpret and extract relevant information from drawings, specifications, schedules, method statements, risk assessments and manufacturers' information.
- 1.2 - Comply with information and/or instructions derived from risk assessments and method statements.
- 1.3 - Describe the organisational procedures developed to report and rectify inappropriate information and unsuitable resources and how they are implemented.
- 1.4 - Describe different types of information, their source and how they are interpreted in relation to:
- drawings, specifications, schedules, method statements, risk assessments, work instructions, electronic data, manufacturers' information and current regulations governing buildings.
||Know how to comply with relevant legislation and official guidance when forming saw cuts in structural fabric material.
- 2.1 - Describe their responsibilities regarding potential accidents, health hazards and the environment, whilst working:
- in the workplace, below ground level, in confined spaces, at height, with tools and equipment, with materials and substances, with movement/storage of materials and by manual handling and mechanical lifting.
- 2.2 - Describe the organisational security procedures for tools, equipment and personal belongings in relation to site, workplace, company and operative.
- 2.3 - Explain what the accident reporting procedures are and who is responsible for making reports.
||Maintain safe and healthy working practices when forming saw cuts in structural fabric material
- 3.1 - Use health and safety control equipment safely and comply with the methods of work to carry out the activity in accordance with current legislation and organisational requirements when forming saw cuts in structural fabric material.
- 3.2 - Demonstrate compliance with given information and relevant legislation when forming saw cuts in structural fabric material in relation to two of the following:
- safe use of access equipment
- safe use and storage of materials, tools and equipment
- specific risks to health
- provision of lighting and ventilation
- 3.3 - Explain why and when health and safety control equipment, identified by the principles of protection, should be used, relating to forming saw cuts in structural fabric material, and the types, purpose and limitations of each type, the work situation and general work environment, in relation to:
- collective protective measures
- personal protective equipment (PPE)
- respiratory protective equipment (RPE)
- local exhaust ventilation (LEV).
- 3.4 - Describe how the relevant health and safety control equipment should be used in accordance with the given instructions.
- 3.5 - Describe how emergencies should be responded to in accordance with organisational authorisation and personal skills when involved with fires, spillages, injuries and other task-related activities.
||Select the required quantity and quality of resources for the methods of work to form saw cuts in structural fabric material.
- 4.1 - Select resources associated with own work in relation to materials, components, fixings, tools and equipment.
- 4.2 - Describe the characteristics, quality, uses, sustainability, limitations and defects associated with the resources in relation to:
- consumables, including blades
- push along floor saw
- self-propelled floor saw
- diamond-bladed track saw
- hand tools, portable power tools and equipment.
- 4.3 - Describe how the resources should be used correctly and how problems associated with the resources are reported.
- 4.4 - Explain why the organisational procedures have been developed and how they are used for the selection of required resources.
- 4.5 - Describe any potential hazards associated with the resources and methods of work.
- 4.6 - Describe how to calculate quantity, length area and volume associated with the method/procedure to form saw cuts in structural fabric material.
||Minimise the risk of damage to the work and surrounding area when forming saw cuts in structural fabric material.
- 5.1 - Protect the work and its surrounding area from damage in accordance with safe working practices and organisational procedures.
- 5.2 - Minimise damage and maintain a clean work space.
- 5.3 - Dispose of waste in accordance with current legislation.
- 5.4 - Describe how to protect work from damage and the purpose of protection in relation to general workplace activities, other occupations and adverse weather conditions.
- 5.5 - Explain why the disposal of waste should be carried out safely in accordance with environmental responsibilities, organisational procedures, manufacturers' information, statutory regulations and official guidance.
||Complete the work within the allocated time when forming saw cuts in structural fabric material.
- 6.1 - Demonstrate completion of the work within the allocated time.
- 6.2 - Describe the purpose of the work programme and explain why deadlines should be kept in relation to:
- types of progress charts, timetables and estimated times
- organisational procedures for reporting circumstances which will affect the work programme.
||Comply with the given contract information to form saw cuts in structural fabric material to the required specification.
- 7.1 - Demonstrate the following work skills when forming saw cuts in structural fabric material:
- measuring, chasing, checking, setting up, securing, aligning, connecting and cutting.
- 7.2 - Use and maintain hand tools, portable power tools and ancillary equipment
- 7.3 - Form saw cuts to given working instructions using one of the following:
- push along floor saw
- self-propelled floor saw
- diamond-bladed track saw.
- 7.4 - Measure and record work details on completion of forming saw cuts.
- 7.5 - Describe how to apply safe and healthy work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish the authority needed to rectify them, to:
- complete pre-start and post stop checks on saws
- set up and operate: push along floor saw, self-propelled floor saw and diamond-bladed track saw
- locate and protect services (water, gas, electric and waste)
- form openings and cut to line, depth and size
- deal with voids
- 7.6 - Describe how to apply safe and healthy work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish the authority needed to rectify them, to:
– monitor and control exposure to vibration
– report, record and maintain records
– recognise and determine when specific skills and knowledge are required and report accordingly
– use hand tools, portable power tools and equipment using different power sources (three phase, cordless, mains, fuel driven and generator linked)
– work at height
– use access equipment.
- 7.7 - Describe the needs of other occupations and how to effectively communicate within a team when forming saw cuts in structural fabric material.
- 7.8 - Describe how to maintain the tools and equipment used when forming saw cuts in structural fabric material.