||Interpret the given information relating to the work and resources when reinstating ground condition.
- 1 - 1.1 - Interpret and extract information from drawings, specifications, schedules and manufacturers' information.
- 2 - 1.2 - Comply with information and/or instructions derived from risk assessments and method statement.
- 3 - 1.3 - State the organisational procedures developed to report and rectify inappropriate information and unsuitable resources and how they are implemented.
- 4 - 1.4 - Describe different types of information, their source and how they are interpreted in relation to:
- drawings, specifications, schedules and manufacturers' information.
||Know how to comply with relevant legislation and official guidance when reinstating ground condition.
- 1 - 2.1 - Describe their responsibilities under current legislation and official guidance whilst working:
- in the workplace, below ground level, with tools and equipment, with materials and substances, with movement/storage of materials and by manual handling and mechanical lifting.
- 2 - 2.2 - Describe the organisational security procedures for tools, equipment and personal belongings in relation to site, workplace, company and operative.
- 3 - 2.3 - State what the accident reporting procedures are and who is responsible for making reports.
||Maintain safe working practices when reinstating ground condition.
- 1 - 3.1 - Use personal protective equipment (PPE) safely to carry out the activity in accordance with legislation and organisational requirements when reinstating ground condition.
- 2 - 3.2 - Explain why and when personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used, relating to reinstating ground condition, and the types, purpose and limitations of each type.
- 3 - 3.3 - State how emergencies should be responded to in accordance with organisational authorisation and personal skills when involved with fires, spillages, injuries and other task-related hazards.
||Select the required quantity and quality of resources for the methods of work to reinstate ground condition.
- 1 - 4.1 - Describe the characteristics, quality, uses, limitations and defects associated with the resources in relation to:
- flags, blocks, edging, aggregates, cement, black top, top soil, seeds
- hand and/or powered tools and equipment.
- 2 - 4.2 - Select resources associated with own work in relation to materials, components, fixings, tools and equipment.
- 3 - 4.3 - State how the resources should be used correctly, how problems associated with the resources are reported and how the organisational procedures are used.
- 4 - 4.4 - Outline potential hazards associated with the resources and method of work.
- 5 - 4.5 - Describe how to calculate quantity and area associated with the method/procedure to reinstate ground condition.
||Minimise the risk of damage to the work and surrounding area when reinstating ground condition.
- 1 - 5.1 - Protect the work and its surrounding area from damage.
- 2 - 5.2 - Minimise damage and maintain a clean work space.
- 3 - 5.3 - Describe how to protect work from damage and the purpose of protection in relation to general workplace activities, other occupations and adverse weather conditions.
- 4 - 5.4 - Dispose of waste in accordance with legislation.
- 5 - 5.5 - State why the disposal of waste should be carried out in relation to the work.
||Complete the work within the allocated time when reinstating ground condition.
- 1 - 6.1 - Demonstrate completion of the work within the allocated time.
- 2 - 6.2 - State the purpose of the work programme and explain why deadlines should be kept in relation to:
- types of progress charts, timetables and estimated times
- organisational procedures for reporting circumstances which will affect the work programme.
||Comply with the given contract information to reinstate ground condition to the required specification.
- 1 - 7.1 - Demonstrate the following work skills when reinstating ground condition:
- measuring, marking out, laying, bedding, positioning, securing and finishing.
- 2 - 7.2 - Reinstate ground conditions to contractor's working instructions for at least two of the following:
- black top surfaces
- cultivated and grassed areas.
- 3 - 7.3 - Describe how to apply safe work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish the authority needed to rectify them, to:
- place and compact sub-grade and sub-base
- form levels
- reinstate hard landscaping of flag, block, concrete and black top surfaces
- reinstate cultivated and grassed areas
- use hand tools, power tools and equipment.
- 4 - 7.4 - Safely use and store hand tools, portable power tools and ancillary equipment.
- 5 - 7.5 - State the needs of other occupations and how to communicate within a team when reinstating ground condition.
- 6 - 7.6 - Describe how to maintain the tools and equipment used when reinstating ground condition.