||Interpret the given information relating to the work and resources when hanging standard paper wallcoverings.
- 1.1 - Interpret and extract relevant information from specifications, current regulations, risk assessments, method statements and manufacturers' information.
- 1.2 - Comply with information and/or instructions derived from risk assessments and method statements.
- 1.3 - Describe the organisational procedures developed to report and rectify inappropriate information and unsuitable resources and how they are implemented.
- 1.4 - Describe different types of information, their source and how they are interpreted in relation to:
- specifications, current legislation, risk assessments, method statements and manufacturers' information.
||Know how to comply with relevant legislation and official guidance when hanging standard paper wallcoverings.
- 2.1 - Describe their responsibilities regarding potential accidents and health hazards, whilst working:
- in the workplace, at height, with tools and equipment, with materials and substances, with movement/storage of materials and by manual handling.
- 2.2 - Describe the organisational security procedures for tools, equipment and personal belongings in relation to site, workplace, company and operative.
- 2.3 - Explain what the accident reporting procedures are and who is responsible for making reports.
||Maintain safe and healthy working practices when hanging standard paper wallcoverings.
- 3.1 - Use health and safety control equipment and access equipment safely to carry out the activity in accordance with current legislation and organisational requirements when hanging standard paper wallcoverings.
- 3.2 - Comply with information relating to specific risks to health when hanging standard paper wallcoverings.
- 3.3 - Explain why and when health and safety control equipment, identified by the principles of protection, should be used, relating to hanging standard paper wallcoverings, and the types, purpose and limitations of each type, the work situation and general work environment, in relation to:
- collective protective measures
- personal protective equipment (PPE)
- respiratory protective equipment (RPE)
- local exhaust ventilation (LEV).
- 3.4 - Describe how the relevant health and safety control equipment should be used in accordance with the given instructions.
- 3.5 - Describe how emergencies should be responded to in accordance with organisational authorisation and personal skills when involved with fires, spillages, injuries and other task-related hazards.
||Select the required quantity and quality of resources for the methods of work to hang standard paper wallcoverings
- 4.1 - Select resources associated with own work in relation to materials, tools and equipment.
- 4.2 - Describe the characteristics, quality, uses, sustainability, limitations and defects associated with the resources in relation to:
- surface preparation materials
- pastes and adhesives
- protective sheeting
- rubbish containers/bags
- access equipment
- hand tools and associated equipment.
- 4.3 - Describe how the resources should be used correctly and how problems associated with the resources are reported.
- 4.4 - Explain why the organisational procedures have been developed and how they are used for the selection of required resources.
- 4.5 - Describe any potential hazards associated with the resources and methods of work.
- 4.6 - Describe how to calculate quantity of materials required associated with the method/procedure to hang standard paper wallcoverings.
||Minimise the risk of damage to the work and surrounding area when hanging standard paper wallcoverings.
- 5.1 - Protect the work and its surrounding area from damage in accordance with safe working practices and organisational procedures.
- 5.2 - Minimise damage and maintain a clean work space.
- 5.3 - Describe how to keep the paper and adjacent surfaces clean.
- 5.4 - Dispose of waste in accordance with current legislation.
- 5.5 - Describe how to protect work from damage and the purpose of protection in relation to general workplace activities, other occupations and adverse weather conditions.
- 5.6 - Explain why the disposal of waste should be carried out safely in accordance with environmental responsibilities, organisational procedures, manufacturers' information, statutory regulations and official guidance.
||Complete the work within the allocated time when hanging standard paper wallcoverings.
- 6.1 - Demonstrate completion of the work within the allocated time.
- 6.2 - Describe the purpose of the work programme and explain why deadlines should be kept in relation to:
- types of progress charts, timetables and estimated times
- organisational procedures for reporting circumstances which will affect the work programme.
||Comply with the given contract information to hang standard paper wallcoverings to the required specification.
- 7.1 - Demonstrate the following work skills when hanging standard paper wallcoverings:
- shading, measuring, matching and cutting, mixing and applying, folding, positioning, fixing, trimming, and cleaning-off.
- 7.2 - Establish start and finish point and hang standard papers of substantial length to the given working instructions to the following areas:
- ceilings with any type of paper- walls with both internal and external angles using foundation paper (cross), textured/relief and patterned finishing papers.
- 7.3 - Safely use materials, hand tools and associated equipment.
- 7.4 - Safely store the materials, tools and equipment used when hanging standard paper wallcoverings.
- 7.5 - Describe how to apply safe and healthy work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish the authority needed to rectify them, to:
– establish access requirements
– check suitability of surface to receive wallpaper
– prepare and apply pastes and adhesives
– prepare and hang paper to ceilings
– prepare and hang foundation paper, textured/relief and patterned finishing papers
– work to reveals and internal and external angles
– work around electrical fittings and pipework
– keep paper and adjacent surfaces clean
– use access equipment
– use tools and associated equipment.
- 7.6 - Describe the needs of other occupations and how to effectively communicate within a team when hanging standard paper wallcoverings.
- 7.7 - Describe how to maintain the tools and equipment used when hanging standard paper wallcoverings.