||Supervise the storage and use of materials and components so that material handling and movement is efficient and wastage minimised.
- 1.1 - Implement systems that allow the safe and efficient storage and usage of the following materials and components:
- raw materials
- manufactured materials
- prefabricated systems
- 1.2 - Ensure that materials and components are handled and moved safely and efficiently, and that wastage is minimised.
- 1.3 - Explain possible methods and procedures for supervising storage area and facilities for material supplies to be effective for the project.
- 1.4 - Describe how to minimise material and component handling, movement and wastage.
||Calculate and keep accurate records of deliveries and stock position and pass the information on to decision makers.
- 2.1 - Maintain stock control records with calculations and pass onto decision makers using either manual or electronic means.
- 2.2 - Describe different methods and techniques for calculating and keeping accurate records of deliveries and stock position.
- 2.3 - Give reasons why accurate records of deliveries, calculations and stock position should be made, and the implications if this is not done.
||Identify and record problems with supply, discuss the information with material suppliers and pass on to decision makers.
- 3.1 - Establish and document at least four of the following problems with supply:
- schedule of delivery
- life expectancy
- storage and handling facilities
- environmental issues
- health, safety and welfare issues
- deterioration or damage
- loss and theft
- payment terms
- cash flow
- contract variations
- 3.2 - Describe different possible ways of identifying problems with supplies.
- 3.3 - Explain methods and techniques of discussing material supply problems with suppliers.
- 3.4 - Describe ways of passing on information about supply problems to decision makers.
||Check stock records regularly and calculate what replacement stock will be needed.
- 4.1 - Examine stock record and calculations used to identify stock replacement.
- 4.2 - Explain and give examples of how to calculate stock turnover for a project.
- 4.3 - Describe how to check organisational stock records in order to calculate replacement stock.
||Identify opportunities for improving the use of stock and stock turnover and recommend improvements to decision makers.
- 5.1 - Make recommendations to decision makers that could improve the use of stock and stock turnover.
- 5.2 - Explain possible ways and means of identifying opportunities for improving the use of stock and stock turnover.
- 5.3 - Describe methods and techniques to recommend improvements to decision makers.