||Interpret the given information relating to the work and resources when installing roof sheeting and cladding systems.
- 1.1 - Interpret and extract information from drawings, specifications, schedules and manufacturers' information.
- 1.2 - Comply with information and/or instructions derived from risk assessments and/or method statement.
- 1.3 - State the organisational procedures developed to report and rectify inappropriate information and unsuitable resources and how they are implemented.
- 1.4 - Describe different types of information, their source and how they are interpreted in relation to:
- drawings, specifications, schedules, manufacturers' information, regulations governing buildings, oral/written procedures for dealing with damaged or incorrect materials and/or resources and site induction.
||Know how to comply with relevant legislation and official guidance when installing roof sheeting and cladding systems.
- 2.1 - Describe their responsibilities under current legislation and official guidance whilst working:
- in the workplace, at height, with tools and equipment, with materials and substances, with movement/storage of materials, by manual handling and mechanical lifting and with mechanical access equipment.
- 2.2 - Describe the organisational security procedures for tools, equipment and personal belongings in relation to site, workplace, company and operative.
- 2.3 - State what the accident reporting procedures are and who is responsible for making report.
||Maintain safe working practices when installing roof sheeting and cladding systems.
- 3 - 3.3 - State how emergencies should be responded to in accordance with organisational authorisation and personal skills when involved with fires, spillages, injuries, falls, rescue procedures and other task-related hazards.
- 3.1 - Use personal protective equipment (PPE) and access equipment safely to carry out the activity in accordance with legislation and organisational requirements when installing roof sheeting and cladding systems.
- 3.2 - Explain why and when personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used, relating to installing roof sheeting and cladding systems, and the types, purpose and limitations of each type.
||Select the required quantity and quality of resources for the methods of work to install roof sheeting and cladding systems.
- 4.1 - Describe the characteristics, quality, uses, limitations and defects associated with the resources in relation to:
- mechanical fixings and fasteners, flashings, fittings, insulation, sealers and fillers, metal and translucent sheets, composite panels, fibre cement systems, condensation and vapour control, related materials and components
- hand and/or powered tools and equipment.
- 4.2 - Select resources associated with own work in relation to materials, components, fixings, tools and equipment.
- 4.3 - State how the resources should be used correctly, how problems associated with the resources are reported and how the organisational procedures are used.
- 4.4 - Outline potential hazards associated with the resources and method of work.
- 4.5 - Describe how to calculate quantity, length, area and wastage associated with the method/procedure to install roof sheeting and cladding systems.
||Minimise the risk of damage to the work and surrounding area when installing roof sheeting and cladding systems.
- 5.1 - Protect the work and its surrounding area from damage.
- 5.2 - Minimise damage and maintain a clean work space.
- 5.3 - Describe how to protect work from damage and the purpose of protection in relation to general workplace activities, other occupations and adverse weather conditions.
- 5.4 - Dispose of waste in accordance with legislation.
- 5.5 - State why the disposal of waste should be carried out in relation to the work.
||Complete the work within the allocated time when installing roof sheeting and cladding systems.
- 6.1 - Demonstrate completion of the work within the allocated time.
- 6.2 - State the purpose of the work programme and explain why deadlines should be kept in relation to:
- types of progress charts, timetables and estimated times
- organisational procedures for reporting circumstances which will affect the work programme.
||Comply with the given contract information to install roof sheeting and cladding systems to the required specification.
- 7.1 - Demonstrate the following work skills when installing roof sheeting and cladding systems:
- measuring, setting out, fitting, finishing, positioning and securing.
- 7.2 - Install roof sheeting and cladding and/or decking to contractor's working instructions for:
- built-up systems
- standing seam/secret fix systems
- composite panel systems
- fibre-cement systems
All to include:
- vents and intrusions
- inclined and vertical areas.
- 7.3 - Describe how to apply safe work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish the authority needed to rectify them, to:
–install fibre cement, standing seam/secret fix, composite panels and built-up systems to inclined and vertical surfaces
–position and secure flashings and vents
–install insulation and flashing material
–install related materials and components
–check quality and suitability of work on completion or at the end of the day
–use hand tools, power tools and equipment
–work at height
–use access equipment.
- 7.4 - Safely use and store hand tools, plant, portable power tools and ancillary equipment.
- 7.5 - State the needs of other occupations and how to communicate within a team when installing roof sheeting and cladding systems.
- 7.6 - Describe how and when to maintain the tools and equipment used when installing roof sheeting and cladding systems.