||Identify and use current legislation and official guidance to implement systems or procedures that will deliver and improve customer service.
- 1.1 - Apply at least four of the following to customer service systems or procedures:
- current legislation
- official guidance
- organisational procedures
- instructions and variations
- feedback processes
- 1.2 - Seek ways of improving customer service whilst implementing customer service systems and procedures.
- 1.3 - Describe ways that current legislation and official guidance relevant to customer service can be identified.
- 1.4 - Explain how identified information can be used for implementing customer service systems or procedures.
- 1.5 - Explain methods that can effectively deliver and improve customer service.
||Prepare to deal with customers in order to give consistent and reliable service.
- 2.1 - Examine current customer procedures and systems to identify if they provide consistent customer service.
- 2.2 - Implement and use systems or procedures that will provide reliable and consistent service that promotes customer's confidence.
- 2.3 - Explain methods that can provide consistent levels of customer service.
- 2.4 - Explain how systems or procedures can be used effectively to provide a reliable level of customer service.
||Work with others to resolve customer problems, communicate with customers and check that they are satisfied with the actions taken.
- 3.1 - Identify and find solutions to construction-based customer problems.
- 3.2 - Communicate with customers whilst resolving problems using at least two of the following mediums:
- via a second person
- feedback documents
- group meetings
- 3.3 - Undertake at least two of the following actions that will ensure that customers are satisfied that problems are or will be solved:
- 3.4 - Explain how best to work with others which can resolve customer service problems.
- 3.5 - Describe different methods and techniques of communicating and dealing with customers.
- 3.6 - Explain what checks can be undertaken to ensure that customers are satisfied with actions taken.
||Solve problems within existing systems or procedures that may affect customers before the customer becomes aware of them.
- 4.1 - Investigate and/or collate information on current customer procedures and systems to identify potential or repeat customer service problems.
- 4.2 - Apply rectification measures to procedures and systems to eliminate or reduce identified potential customer problems.
- 4.3 - Describe ways that problems can be identified within existing systems or procedures that may affect customers.
- 4.4 - Explain how and why problems in systems or procedures should be solved before customers become aware of them.
||Confirm that the service given meets the customer's needs and expectations.
- 5.1 - Identify the level of service expected by construction-related customers.
- 5.2 - Communicate with customers to check that service given has met their needs and expectations.
- 5.3 - Explain ways of checking that customers are satisfied with the given level of service.
||Inform the people responsible about changes to customer service systems or procedures that will reduce the chance of problems being repeated.
- 6.1 - Identify repeat problems in customer service, and amend customer service systems or procedures to minimise chances of problems being repeated.
- 6.2 - Communicate with at least two of the following people responsible to inform them that systems or procedures have been amended:
- the client, the customer or their representative
- internal management
- 6.3 - Explain the measures that could be taken to identify repeat problems with customer service.
- 6.4 - Explain methods that allow changes to customer service systems or procedures which can reduce the chance of problems being repeated.
- 6.5 - Describe how to effectively inform people responsible about amendments to systems or procedures.
||Share information with people responsible to maintain and improve standards of service delivery.
- 7.1 - Inform and/or pass collated information that will maintain and improve standards of service delivery.
- 7.2 - Describe ways that standards of service delivery can be maintained and improved.
- 7.3 - Explain how information with people responsible could be effectively shared in order to maintain and improve standards of service delivery.