||Interpret the given information relating to the work and resources when erecting precast concrete structural units.
- 1.1 - Interpret and extract information from method statements and drawings.
- 1.2 - Comply with information and/or instructions derived from risk assessments and method statement.
- 1.3 - State the organisational procedures developed to report and rectify inappropriate information and unsuitable resources and how they are implemented.
- 1.4 - Describe different types of information, their source and how they are interpreted in relation to:
- technical, regulatory: drawings and method statement.
||Know how to comply with relevant legislation and official guidance when erecting precast concrete structural units.
- 2.1 - Describe their responsibilities under current legislation and official guidance whilst working:
- fall protection: safety nets, air bags, working platforms, decking systems, access platforms, mobile towers and other mobile equipment, fall arrest systems, scaffolding, edge protection, ladders
- compliance with the relevant Codes of Practice for the safe erection of precast concrete structural units and associated components.
- 2.2 - Describe the organisational security procedures for tools, equipment and personal belongings in relation to site, workplace, company and operative.
- 2.3 - State what the accident reporting procedures are and who is responsible for making reports.
||Maintain safe working practices when erecting precast concrete structural units.
- 3.1 - Use personal protective equipment (PPE) and work at height safely to carry out the activity in accordance with legislation and organisational requirements when erecting precast concrete structural units.
- 3.2 - Explain why and when personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used, relating to erecting precast concrete structural units, and the types, purpose and limitations of each type.
- 3.3 - State how emergencies should be responded to in accordance with organisational authorisation and personal skills when involved with fires, spillages, injuries and other task-related hazards.
||Select the required quantity and quality of resources for the methods of work to erect precast concrete structural units.
- 4.1 - Describe the characteristics, quality, uses, limitations and defects associated with the resources in relation to:
- precast concrete structural units
- hand and/or powered tools and equipment.
- 4.2 - Select resources associated with own work in relation to precast concrete structural units and fixings, hand tools, power tools and ancillary equipment.
- 4.3 - State how the resources should be used correctly, how problems associated with the resources are reported and how the organisational procedures are used.
- 4.4 - Outline potential hazards associated with the resources and method of work.
- 4.5 - Describe how to calculate quantity, length, area and wastage associated with the method/procedure to erect precast concrete structural units.
||Minimise the risk of damage to the work and surrounding area when erecting precast concrete structural units.
- 5.1 - Protect the work and its surrounding area from damage.
- 5.2 - Minimise damage and maintain a clean work space.
- 5.3 - Describe how to protect work from damage and the purpose of protection
- 5.4 - Dispose of waste in accordance with legislation.
- 5.5 - State why the disposal of waste should be carried out in relation to the work.
||Complete the work within the allocated time when erecting precast concrete structural units.
- 6.1 - Demonstrate completion of the work within the allocated time.
- 6.2 - State the purpose of the work programme and explain why deadlines should be kept in relation to:
- types of progress charts and timetables
- organisational procedures for reporting circumstances which will affect the work programme.
||Comply with the given contract information to erect precast concrete structural units to the required specification.
- 7.1 - Demonstrate the following work skills when erecting precast concrete structural units:
- measuring, marking out, lifting, pitching, positioning and adjusting.
- 7.2 - Erect precast concrete structural units to contract specification:
- position structural units
- fix structural units
- erect temporary propping.
- 7.3 - Describe how to apply safe work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish the authority needed to rectify them, to:
- position precast concrete structural units
- fix precast concrete structural units
- position associated concrete units, e.g. flooring, cladding
- erect temporary formwork/propping
- use hand tools, power tools and equipment
- work at height.
- 7.4 - Safely use and store hand tools, portable power tools and ancillary equipment.
- 7.5 - State the needs of other occupations and how to communicate within a team when erecting precast concrete structural units.
- 7.6 - Describe how to maintain the tools and equipment used when erecting precast concrete structural units.