||Interpret the given information relating to the work and resources when producing CAD setting out details.
- 1.1 - Interpret and extract relevant information from drawings, specifications, schedules, method statements, risk assessments and manufacturers' information.
- 1.2 - Comply with information and/or instructions derived from risk assessments and method statement.
- 1.3 - State the organisational procedures developed to report and rectify inappropriate information and unsuitable resources and how they are implemented.
- 1.4 - Describe different types of information, their source and how they are interpreted in relation to:
- drawings, specifications, schedules, method statements, risk assessments, manufacturers' information, component standards and regulations governing buildings.
||Know how to comply with relevant legislation and official guidance when producing CAD setting out details.
- 2.1 - Describe their responsibilities under current legislation and official guidance whilst working:
- in the workplace, with tools and equipment, with materials and substances, with movement/storage of materials and by manual handling and mechanical lifting.
- 2.2 - Describe the organisational security procedures for tools, equipment and personal belongings in relation to site, workplace, company and operative.
- 2.3 - Explain what the accident reporting procedures are and who is responsible for making reports.
||Maintain safe working practices when producing CAD setting out details.
- 3.1 - Use visual display unit equipment safely in accordance with legislation when producing CAD setting out details.
- 3.2 - Explain why and when health and safety control equipment, identified by the principles of protection, should be used, relating to producing CAD setting out details, and the types, purpose and limitations of each type, the work situation and general work environment, in relation to:
- correct position and type of workstation equipment (anti-glare monitor, mouse arm supports, seat, keyboard).
- 3.3 - Describe how the relevant health and safety control equipment should be used in accordance with the given instructions.
- 3.4 - State how emergencies should be responded to in accordance with organisational authorisation and personal skills when involved with fires, spillages, injuries and other task-related hazards.
||Select the required quantity and quality of resources for the methods of work to produce CAD setting out details.
- 4.1 - Select resources associated with own work in relation to materials, components, fixings, tools and equipment.
- 4.2 - Describe the characteristics, quality, uses, sustainability, limitations and defects associated with the resources in relation to:
- timber, manufactured sheet material, non-ferrous metals, plastics, fabrics, glass, ironmongery, fixings and associated ancillary items- computers, setting out programmes.
- 4.3 - Describe how the resources should be used correctly and how problems associated with the resources are reported.
- 4.4 - Explain why the organisational procedures have been developed and how they are used for the selection of required resources.
- 4.5 - Describe any potential hazards associated with the resources and method of work.
- 4.6 - Describe how to calculate quantity, length, area and wastage associated with the method/procedure to produce CAD setting out details.
||Complete the work within the allocated time when producing CAD setting out details.
- 5.1 - Demonstrate completion of the work within the allocated time.
- 5.2 - State the purpose of the work programme and explain why deadlines should be kept in relation to:
- types of progress charts, timetables and estimated times- organisational procedures for reporting circumstances which will affect the work programme.
||Comply with the given contract information to produce CAD setting out details to the required specification.
- 6.1 - Demonstrate the following work skills when producing CAD setting out details:
- inputting data using a keyboard, operating a mouse, customising settings, file managing, backing-up information, enhancing features, coding components and multi-layering details.
- 6.2 - Produce CAD setting out details, by use of pre-developed programme, to given working instructions for:
- products straight in plan and elevation- products with single curvature details.
- 6.3 - Produce working drawings to given working instructions.
- 6.4 - Produce cutting lists complete with details of materials to given working instructions.
- 6.5 - Monitor and validate the accuracy of output of the CAD setting out details.
- 6.6 - Safely use and handle materials.
- 6.7 - Safely use relevant tools (software) and equipment (hardware).
- 6.8 - Safely store the materials, tools and equipment used when producing CAD setting out details.
- 6.9 - Describe how to apply safe work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish the authority needed to rectify them, to:
– set out by CAD; products straight in plan and elevation
– set out by CAD; products with single curvature details
– monitor and validate output
– take site and workplace dimensions
– produce cutting lists with materials
– proportion joints associated with the products to be produced
– requisition material
– present products on visual display unit equipment– use visual display unit equipment (e.g. anti-glare monitor, mouse arm supports, seat type/position, keyboard position).
- 6.10 - Describe the needs of other occupations and how to effectively communicate within a team when producing CAD setting out details.