Co-ordinate with and communicate the dimensional control information to work colleagues.
- 1.1 - Source accurate dimensional control information to allow the work being carried out to be positioned, lined and levelled.
- 1.2 - Record and report the dimensional control information provided to work colleagues to allow conformance with contract specifications.
- 1.3 - Explain different methods of co-ordinating with work colleagues in order to enable them to position, line and level the work.
- 1.4 - Explain the different methods of communicating dimensional control information to work colleagues.
Confirm and measure the dimensional controls and maintain them to the specified work requirements.
- 2.1 - Identify, confirm and record a range of dimensional controls, setting out points, lines and profiles to meet contract specifications.
- 2.2 - Maintain accurate dimensional controls, setting out points, lines and profile in accordance with contract specifications.
- 2.3 - Explain the different methods of measuring and recording the following dimensional controls and setting out points, lines and profiles:
- 2.4 - Describe different methods of confirming and maintaining dimensional control, setting out points, lines and profiles.
Check and ensure measuring and recording equipment meets the specified tolerances.
- 3.1 - Undertake and record the checks made to a range of measuring and recording equipment relative to the occupational work environment or project type.
- 3.2 - Explain the methods used to check mechanical, optical and electronic measuring and recording equipment applicable to the occupational area.
Identify any deviations in dimensional controls and ensure they are corrected in accordance with work requirements.
- 4.1 - Identify and report the circumstances and conditions that result in possible deviations in dimensional controls on a range of work being undertaken.
- 4.2 - Plan, record and implement corrective action that allows the work to meet project requirements.
- 4.3 - Describe the methods used to identify and report deviations in position, line and level, arising from:
–transfer of lines and levels
–use of wrong lines and levels.
- 4.4 - Explain the different methods of reporting and correcting deviations in position, line and level to meet work requirements.
- 4.5 - Explain how to identify and record circumstances and conditions that may affect and require revisions to the dimensional controls in relation to:
– climate variation
– live conditions
– health and safety.