||Interpret the given information relating to the work and resources when refurbishing roof sheeting and cladding.
- 1.1 - Interpret and extract information from drawings, specifications, schedules and manufacturers' information.
- 1.2 - Comply with information and/or instructions derived from risk assessments and/or method statement.
- 1.3 - State the organisational procedures developed to report and rectify inappropriate information and unsuitable resources and how they are implemented.
- 1.4 - Describe different types of information, their source and how they are interpreted in relation to:
- drawings, specifications, schedules, manufacturers' information, regulations governing buildings, oral/written procedures for dealing with damaged or incorrect materials and/or resources and site induction.
||Know how to comply with relevant legislation and official guidance when refurbishing roof sheeting and cladding.
- 2.1 - Describe their responsibilities under current legislation and official guidance whilst working:
- in the workplace, at height, with tools and equipment, with materials and substances, with movement/storage of materials, by manual handling and mechanical lifting and with mechanical access equipment.
- 2.2 - Describe the organisational security procedures for tools, equipment and personal belongings in relation to site, workplace, company and operative.
- 2.3 - State what the accident reporting procedures are and who is responsible for making reports.
||Maintain safe working practices when refurbishing roof sheeting and cladding.
- 3.1 - Use personal protective equipment (PPE) and access equipment safely to carry out the activity in accordance with legislation and organisational requirements when refurbishing roof sheeting and cladding.
- 3.2 - Explain why and when personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used, relating to refurbishing roof sheeting and cladding, and the types, purpose and limitations of each type.
- 3.3 - State how emergencies should be responded to in accordance with organisational authorisation and personal skills when involved with fires, spillages, injuries, falls, rescue procedures and other task-related hazards.
||Select the required quantity and quality of resources for the methods of work to refurbish roof sheeting and cladding.
- 4.1 - Describe the characteristics, quality, uses, limitations and defects associated with the resources in relation to:
- primers, cleaning agents, sealing tapes and separating membranes
- hand and/or powered tools and equipment.
- 4.2 - Select resources associated with own work in relation to materials, components, fixings, tools and equipment.
- 4.3 - State how the resources should be used correctly, how problems associated with the resources are reported and how the organisational procedures are used.
- 4.4 - Outline potential hazards associated with the resources and method of work.
- 4.5 - Describe how to calculate quantity, length, area and wastage associated with the method/procedure to refurbish roof sheeting and cladding.
||Minimise the risk of damage to the work and surrounding area when refurbishing roof sheeting and cladding.
- 5.1 - Protect the work and its surrounding area from damage.
- 5.2 - Minimise damage and maintain a clean work space.
- 5.3 - Describe how to protect work from damage and the purpose of protection in relation to general workplace activities, other occupations and adverse weather conditions.
- 5.4 - Dispose of waste in accordance with legislation.
- 5.5 - State why the disposal of waste should be carried out in relation to the work.
||Complete the work within the allocated time when refurbishing roof sheeting and cladding.
- 6.1 - Demonstrate completion of the work within the allocated time.
- 6.2 - State the purpose of the work programme and explain why deadlines should be kept in relation to:
- types of progress charts, timetables and estimated times
- organisational procedures for reporting circumstances which will affect the work programme.
||Comply with the given contract information to refurbish roof sheeting and cladding to the required specification.
- 7.1 - Demonstrate the following work skills when refurbishing roof sheeting and cladding:
- measuring, removing, cleaning, making good and preparing.
- 7.2 - Prepare backgrounds for roof sheeting and cladding refurbishment to contractor's working instructions for:
- removal of existing materials
- cleaning backgrounds
- making good backgrounds
- preparing and treating backgrounds.
- 7.3 -
|Describe how to apply safe work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish the authority needed to rectify them, to:|
–remove existing materials, including asbestos containing materials–prepare backgrounds for roof sheeting and cladding and over-roofing cladding–assess the suitability of the structure to receive replacement materials
–check quality and suitability of work on completion or at the end of the day
–use hand tools, power tools and equipment
–work at height
–use of access equipment.
- 7.4 - Safely use and store hand tools, portable power tools and ancillary equipment.
- 7.5 - State the needs of other occupations and how to communicate within a team when refurbishing roof sheeting and cladding.
- 7.6 - Describe how and when to maintain the tools and equipment used when refurbishing roof sheeting and cladding.