||Interpret the given information relating to the work and resources when applying non-reactive spray coatings.
- 1.1 - Interpret and extract information from drawings, specifications, schedules, manufacturers' information, method statements, work instructions and risk assessments.
- 1.2 - Comply with information and/or instructions derived from risk assessments and method statement.
- 1.3 - State the organisational procedures developed to report and rectify inappropriate information and unsuitable resources and how they are implemented.
- 1.4 - Describe different types of information, their source and how they are interpreted in relation to:
- drawings, specifications, schedules, manufacturers' information, method statements, work instructions, risk assessments, regulations governing buildings, Codes of Practice and guidance documents.
||Know how to comply with relevant legislation and official guidance when applying non-reactive spray coatings.
- 2.1 - Describe their responsibilities under current legislation and official guidance whilst working:
- in the workplace, at height, in confined spaces, with tools and equipment, with materials and substances, with movement/storage of materials and by manual handling and mechanical lifting.
- 2.2 - Describe the organisational security procedures for tools, equipment and personal belongings in relation to site, workplace, company and operative.
- 2.3 - State what the accident reporting procedures are and who is responsible for making reports.
||Maintain safe working practices when applying non-reactive spray coatings.
- 3.1 - Use personal protective equipment (PPE) and access/working platforms safely to carry out the activity in accordance with legislation and organisational requirements when applying non-reactive spray coatings.
- 3.2 - Explain why and when personal protective equipment (PPE) should be used, relating to applying non-reactive spray coatings, and the types, purpose and limitations of each type.
- 3.3 - State how emergencies should be responded to in accordance with organisational authorisation and personal skills when involved with fires, spillages, injuries and other task-related hazards.
||Select the required quantity and quality of resources for the methods of work to apply non-reactive spray coatings.
- 4.1 - Describe the characteristics, quality, uses, limitations and defects associated with the resources in relation to:
- spray material
- primers, mesh, fixings
- hand and/or powered tools and equipment.
- 4.2 - Select resources associated with own work in relation to materials, components, fixings, tools and equipment.
- 4.3 - State how the resources should be used correctly, how problems associated with the resources are reported and how the organisational procedures are used.
- 4.4 - Outline potential hazards associated with the resources and method of work.
- 4.5 - Describe how to calculate quantity, length, area and wastage associated with the method/procedure to apply non-reactive spray coatings.
||Minimise the risk of damage to the work and surrounding area when applying non-reactive spray coatings.
- 5.1 - Protect the work and its surrounding area from damage.
- 5.2 - Minimise damage and maintain a clean work space.
- 5.3 - Describe how to protect work from damage and the purpose of protection in relation to general workplace activities, other occupations and adverse weather conditions.
- 5.4 - Dispose of waste in accordance with legislation.
- 5.5 - State why the disposal of waste should be carried out safely in accordance with environmental responsibilities, organisational procedures, manufacturers' information, statutory regulations and official guidance.
||Complete the work within the allocated time when applying non-reactive spray coatings.
- 6.1 - Demonstrate completion of the work within the allocated time.
- 6.2 - State the purpose of the work programme and explain why deadlines should be kept in relation to:
- types of progress charts, timetables and estimated times
- organisational procedures for reporting circumstances which will affect the work programme.
||Comply with the given contract information to apply non-reactive spray coatings to the required specification.
- 7.1 - Demonstrate the following work skills when applying non-reactive spray coatings:
- measuring, cleaning, abrading, filling, priming, positioning and securing.
- 7.2 - Prepare concrete, steel and mesh backgrounds to receive non-reactive spray coatings to given working instructions.
- 7.3 - Apply non-reactive spray coatings materials to given working instructions, by:
- sprayed mineral fibre
- cementitious/gypsum spray.
- 7.4 - Describe how to apply safe work practices, follow procedures, report problems and establish the authority needed to rectify them, to:
- spray mineral fibre materials to concrete and/or steel and/or mesh
- spray cementitious/gypsum materials to concrete and/or steel
- secure mesh backing
- prepare type of substrate
- prepare substrate materials
- protect environment
- check for thickness
- use hand tools, power tools and equipment
- work at height
- use access equipment.
- 7.5 - Safely use and store hand tools, portable power tools and ancillary equipment.
- 7.6 - State the needs of other occupations and how to communicate within a team when applying non-reactive spray coatings.
- 7.7 - Describe how to maintain the tools and equipment used when applying non-reactive spray coatings.
- 7.8 - Describe the fire resisting requirements when applying non-reactive spray coatings.